Question about signal strength

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghc37

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
does anyone know what the threshhold is for signal strength causing dropout/pixelation? I get good signal from all satellites (90 to 100%) except sat 99 is about 60%. All my channels look ok right now, I have choice plus package but I don't get locals yet. Supposed to get them next month here in cen arkansas 72015. I think they will be coming from sat 99?? will it be a problem?

Update

What a surprise! The HD locals for central Arkansas are up and running!. I thought I would have to wait until next month according to what I had previously read. They all look great, no dropout/freezeup/pixelation issues. :)

does anyone know if D is still tweaking any of the transponders? my signals on 99c and 103c were averaging from 85-91 but since last night they both range from 96-100. i haven't tweaked my dish

Why would you start seeing signal issues in the 50's? That's kind of high to start seeing digitization.

And HR21 signal meters aren't always correct? What do you mean?

Why would you start seeing signal issues in the 50's? That's kind of high to start seeing digitization.

And HR21 signal meters aren't always correct? What do you mean?

I'm speaking about what I observed as an installer...and I don't understand how you consider a signal of 50 to be high...

And not everyone has an HR21, as some people don't have DVR's. The signal meters in the receiver are not the best, but are meant as a general guide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts