Question about spotbeam changes

Sabal

Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
I have been using two antennas at my home, one for service to my house and another for service to an out-building a few yards from my house. On the house I use the 500 dish and on the out-building I use an older, single LNB dish.

Sometime back, I think about 4 or 5 months ago, the channels for the local stations disappeared from the small dish on the out-building. Attempts to get information on this by calling Dish technical service proved to be futile. Does anyone know if there was a spotbeam change within recent months that might have caused this?

I have been using two antennas at my home, one for service to my house and another for service to an out-building a few yards from my house. On the house I use the 500 dish and on the out-building I use an older, single LNB dish.

Sometime back, I think about 4 or 5 months ago, the channels for the local stations disappeared from the small dish on the out-building. Attempts to get information on this by calling Dish technical service proved to be futile. Does anyone know if there was a spotbeam change within recent months that might have caused this?

Can't help much without knowing which city your locals are.

Your Dish500 on your house is looking at 110 and 119 satellite.

Your dish on the shed is probably only looking at 119.

Possible your locals moved from 119 to 110 .

Need to know what city your locals are.!!!

Yeah, stupid of me not to mention the location. This was in the Birmingham, Alabama area. The channels did not move from one sat to another, they are still on the same sat inside my house with the 500 dish.

Previous to this, the small dish picked up both sats although it is not a 500 dish. Any ideas? I know I could just pick up another 500 dish, but I was just curious as to what happened as this setup worked for years.

"The channels did not move from one sat to another, they are still on the same sat inside my house with the 500 dish."

The dish on the "out-building" is a D300, that dish not a satellite can pick up just one location and it's probably picking up 119. Dish can move the channels to any of their fleet of satellites. They moved most locals to their new satellite at 110 which has spotbeams galore.

If you go to the receiver in the out-building and do Menu, 6,1, 3 you will only see 119 if you to the receivers in the house you'll see 119 and 110.

If you go to the receiver in the out-building and do Menu, 6,1, 3 you will only see 119 if you to the receivers in the house you'll see 119 and 110.

What you have said above is exactly correct at the present time. Prior to about 4 or 5 months ago this was not true. I could pick up both 110 and 119 on the D300. My locals have always been on the 110 sat. but the D300 did, indeed pick up this sat at one time. In fact I used it that way for at least 2 years.

Something changed, I don't know what, but suddenly I could no longer pick up the locals on 110 with the D300.

Sabal,

Sorry to disagree with you, but from the Dish Channel Chart 2006 changes page

5/3/06
Birmingham, AL locals WJSU, WIAT, WVTM, WBRC, WTTO, WABM and WIBQ are mirrored on channels 9804-9810 at 119° but not available to subscribers. (ANON)

5/10/06

Birmingham, AL local channels 8050-8060 moved from tp 9 spot 12 at 119° to tp 29 spot 11 at 110°.

5/31/06
The "warning" channels (9804-9424) telling subscribers about individual channels moving off of 119° have been removed from the system. (ANON)

-----
Just for your information, A Dish 300 can either pick up 119° OR 110°. Not both. That is the difference between a Dish 300 and a Dish 500.

See ya
Tony

Spotbeam changes

TNGTony

Just wanted to get back with you and say thanks for the info. You are correct of course, I do remember the locals were originally on 119. I wondered what happened and now I know. I was in error thinking that I was picking both sats up on the 300 dish.

No biggie. I hope you were able to get your locals back with a D500! If you haven't already, they are cheap and easily installed to replace the D300 you have.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts