Question about summer move

hpshu

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Can somebody point out to the policy about summer move? We are moving for 3.5 months like 100 miles from our permanent address. Is there any legal way to take dish with us for this period? Thank you very much for help in advance.

You can use DishMover to set up at new address (note: your local channels may change if your summer place is in a different dma), you only need to take your receivers and remotes. When you call to change to the new location, explain you will be there for summer and will let them know when you will be back at the previous address. Dish terms this as "snow birds". You can also have the option of changing your mailing address or leaving it at current address.

Can somebody point out to the policy about summer move? We are moving for 3.5 months like 100 miles from our permanent address. Is there any legal way to take dish with us for this period? Thank you very much for help in advance.

Hi, we can definitely set you up to have a dish installed at your summer home and you would need to bring your remotes and receiver with you. We would switch the service address on your account to the summer location while you are there. Please send me a PM and I will assist you further. Thank you!

I had my account tagged as a "snowbird" account and haven't had any trouble moving back and forth. A few things to be mindful of though. If any of the satellites you receive at the summer location are different from those at the winter location, you will have to do a "check switch" when you change locations to pick up the new sats. I do this before I call Dish to change locals to make sure that there are no problems with general satellite reception. Also, if you get OTA stations, you will need to re-scan at the new location. Finally, if you have any timers set up for OTA channels, you will need to duplicate them on the OTA stations you get at the new location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)