question about the Amc 1 ku band skew

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
I hear of this oddball skew you need for the AMC 1 nbc feeds. My question is this, I have a motorized 1.2 meter dish and I am hitting the nbc channels just fine, I know my dish is not skewed much at 103* so is there really alot more I could hit out there if I skewed my lnb? Also on a motorized dish what should i change the skew too once I am aimed at 103?

If you're getting all three transponders with S2 HD feeds, you're probably not missing anything.

Yeah if you are getting them all no need to mess with anything..;)

Some members have talked about a second LNBF on their motorized dish.
It's mounted right beside the main LNBF, but skewed the extra 20-some degrees.
It's simple enough to enter the (wrong/offset) location for that bird, making the motor drive the #2 LNBF into position.
Command your diseqc switch to the 2nd LNBF, and you're all set.

Guess it depends on dish size, location, etc.

Some time back, Pendragon put a 6' Prodelin on an Ajak 180 for Ku
He also mounted a 2nd LNBF.
Makes me wonder now, how necessary it was? ... ;)

I need to change skew to get the S2 NBC TPs on that bird with a 36" dish. While it might not be necessary with a 1.2, adding the second LNBF with oddball skew might give you enough extra signal quality to effectively combat rain fade. This was a big problem for me with the 36" dish during the Olympics, even with corrected skew.

Well i am getting all of the nbc occasional channels, the nbc central,west,ect. I get the ots nbc channel, also the Sunday Night football backhaul feeds. I scanned in a s2 hd figure skating feed last night that was nbc, I am guessing I am getting everything on the bird.

Status
Please reply by conversation.