question about the voom satelite obrital location

jagouar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
College Station, TX
I think Ive read that the voom dish orbital location is at 61.5 deg (my voom doesnt get installed until next tues)... I have dish now and had to have the 61.5 satelite for HDTV way back when. My question is should the voom dish point to the same part of the sky as the dish 61.5 does?

I want to run wires through the wall before my installer comes so I will be ready (gonna move my existing dish wire over, if its going to the same part of the sky)

Yeah man Dish steals HD signals from Voom I thought everyone knew that?

(just kidding Dish only steals from people not other DBS companies...

just kidding I'm just bitter.

not kidding about being bitter.)

jagouar said:
I think Ive read that the voom dish orbital location is at 61.5 deg (my voom doesnt get installed until next tues)... I have dish now and had to have the 61.5 satelite for HDTV way back when. My question is should the voom dish point to the same part of the sky as the dish 61.5 does?

I want to run wires through the wall before my installer comes so I will be ready (gonna move my existing dish wire over, if its going to the same part of the sky)

Make sure installer uses the meter on your VOOM receiver to peak the Voom Dish. It should be 90+. Some installer are using their portable meters that will show 95 but when you look at the VOOM receiver it is only 70 which will give you a lot of pixelation and no satellite lock.

It will point in the same direction. Make sure the installer tweaks the dish based on the meter in the Voom STB. If he uses a hand held meter outside he may be picking up the E*(DishNetwork) signal.

Damn Sean, I lost that quick draw contest

Yeah I know to make the installer do it, hell Ill probably do it myself ;)

the main reason i asked was I can barely see the 61.5 dish sat (a big tree is about 3 deg off where i need to look) and about 75% of the area around my house is trees so I wanteed to make sure.

You should be all set. I just had Voom installed a couple of weeks ago - all I had to do was unplug my E* 6000 receiver and plug the same coax into the Voom box. I had a 95 signal strength without touching the dish. (I only had the 61.5 sat for the NY CBS - I'm not able to see the other satellites due to trees)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)