Question about upcoming Hopper install on Tuesday.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BrownHound

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2004
Amherst, VA
Right now, I really have 4 tvs that I use on a regular basis. In my basement, i did one side with a home theater, and the other side has a old HD plasma by the bar i put in. That TV normally just mirrors (by a split off coax) what is on the main TV in the basement, but that box is a dual tuner, so I can have them set up to watch different programming, but i bet that is only used a few times a year.

The 2 TVs on the 2nd floor are set up where they have to watch the same thing (mirrored by the Dish Tech at last install). - This is a bit of a pain...

When i set up the appt, I was planning on just getting 1 H and 3 J where I would just watch on the 4 primary TVs and the one in the basement would just have to mirror the primary TV. The sales guy told me I really should just do a 2H 3J set up and have live TV on all 5. It is only 100 more to set up, but am wondering if there are other pros/cons about the 2H set up vs a 1H set up that I should consider.

Any thoughts people can give will be appreciated.... Thanks!

I would agree, if the tv's are used on a regular basis, to avoid any tuner conflicts I would do two hoppers, as I did with my three tv set up

Ok, I think I understand, if all 4 of us are in a different room watching a different show, with 1 Hopper that is not possible, because they each max out at 3.. That is exactly what I needed to know, thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts