Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I recently got my first motor working with my VisionSat IV200 PVR - - - but I notice something strange.

When I blind scan on a satellite that is on the motor it always finds zero channels, but if I scan using Auto on satellites on the motor it almost always finds channels.

Thus, I used "The List" and Lyngsat and made sure that all the listed Freq and SR were entered for each satellite on the motor. After doing this I did find a few more channels.

Blind scan works fine on Satellites not on the motor.

I have the 1.45 Firmware installed (I think that is the newest)

Anybody had a similar issue - - - or have suggestions on what to try???

What motor do you have? What do you mean on the motor? Do you mean your using DiseQc 1.2 and not USALS? Try switching to USALS..., if it is a used motor, maybe someone didn't have their dish lined up properly and used DiseQc to correct alignment....

I don't have any problems with either scan type nor USALS or DISQ. My receiver, under System Information, shows:
Loader version 1.01
App Version: 1.20
Data Version: 1.2

Scan: Blind, Freq: Auto, Polarity: All, Search Type: All, Dish Setting: 10750, 1 /4

Some more data

I'm using USALS - - - The motor is on port 2 of a 4 port switch and the other ports 1,3 and 4 are used for three fixed locations. Thus, every satellite location that I use with the motor is setup as the following

LNB Power ON
LNB Type Single
LNB Freq 10750
LNB 22 KHz Off
DiSEqc 1.0 is set to 2
Positioner Setting is USALS for everything I use the motor for.

Loader Version L 1.01
H/W Version S1000 1.00
Application Version V1.45
Driver Version API 1.00
Data Version FDU v1.2

Everything is working correctly - - - the motor turns to the correct satellite - - - It just always returns ZERO found on a blind scan.

Sorry I was not more clear before.

More Info

Where do you have the switch installed? Before the motor, or between the motor and the lnbf?

The switch is between the motor and the receiver and I have a single short piece of RG-6 from the motor to the LNB.

May have to go here but

Long ago, the Visionsat IV-200 had an issue with Blind Scanning on any port than DiSEqC port 1. This problem was corrected in version 1.45. Try performing a Factory Reset, reload either of these versions, then perform a Factory Reset and cycle the Master Power Switch.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...t-we-have-issue-blind-scan-2.html#post1763626

I may try moving the motor to Port 1 first. I just spend two days putting in Freq and SR for many satellites manually and a factory reset would wipe that all out. The switch is in the attic thus I will make the change later today.

I read the entire thread above - - -Very interesting - - -What Ice decribed in the first post is exactly what I'm seeing. I assume this issue was first fixed in version 1.45 and I may be able to correct it just by going back to Port 1 on the switch.

To avoid losing all of your work: Save the channel list to an USB, perform the firmware upgrade then reinstall the channel data.

Not that it should make a difference in this case, but ideally, the switch should be between your motor and the LNBF. I know this is not always feasible, since it involves installing the switch at or near the dish site, but current drawn by the motor can kill the average DiSEqC switch in quick fashion.

That was where I was going too , Tron! I'm not using a switch on my motorized dish, just to avoid problems, my older, backup system has one but that's the one with the polar mount/actuator.

Thanks for the suggestion

Not that it should make a difference in this case, but ideally, the switch should be between your motor and the LNBF. I know this is not always feasible, since it involves installing the switch at or near the dish site, but current drawn by the motor can kill the average DiSEqC switch in quick fashion.

OK, I took you advise and moved the 4 port DiSEqC switch out to the dish. I put the Linear LNB on Port 1, the Circular LNB on Port 4 and the other two on my fixed dishes. Also, I now have a single run from the receiver to the motor.

Blind scan now works with the motor in this configuration!!

Thanks for all the help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts