question bout nbc on 103 w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
I haven't been able to pick them up on my 6 ft but I can get the abc hd on 99w. Think my focal distance on my lnb is off. I have trouble with the rtv suite on amc3 as well.

yeah there is a batch on 105W C-Band in DVB-S2. Thats why I asked as you mention other C-Band channels

103W KU has them but remember the skew is wacky. Its 26 degrees opposite what it should be. I know on the 6 footer when I aimed at 103W skew was very critical with a dish that large for KU

For regular watching of 103Ku I suggest a fixed dish because of the skew, then you don't have to compromise the skew for all other sats. Also a 1m or less dish will be marginal for the NBC S2 feeds. I use a 1.2m for this sat.

Pixl said:
For regular watching of 103Ku I suggest a fixed dish because of the skew, then you don't have to compromise the skew for all other sats. Also a 1m or less dish will be marginal for the NBC S2 feeds. I use a 1.2m for this sat.

Or try what I do.....

Offset a 2nd LNBF with the unique Skew onto a motorized dish with a 22KHz switch. Every time I select 103, the motor drives to 101 position and 22KHz is switched on.

Perfect reception on 103 without the hassles of a 2nd dish!

SatelliteAV said:
Or try what I do.....

Offset a 2nd LNBF with the unique Skew onto a motorized dish with a 22KHz switch. Every time I select 103, the motor drives to 101 position and 22KHz is switched on.

Perfect reception on 103 without the hassles of a 2nd dish!

I would love to see a picture of this setup. :)

Sent from my EVO using the SatelliteGuys App

Caught my error of the last post! Lost my mind for a moment.... The side LNBF is mounted 6 degrees to the east side of the main LNBF, not 2 degrees. Have the receiver programmed for the 103W satellite to be in the 97W position and the 22 KHz to switch ON. Nothing special..... Just a standard LNBF mounted in the regular LNBF clamp and use a offset LNBF clamp to attach the second LNBF to the east side of the main LNBF. When I select the 103W, the motor drives to 97W and the 22KHz switch selects the side LNBF with the +25 skew.

Pouring rain out here in CA, but will snap a picture when it clears.

I would love to see a picture of this setup. :)

Had a break in the weather today, so I was playing with a new KU-band scalar project. WescoPC has played with this sample. Thanks Bob for the testing and input!
GEOSATpro KU Scaler.2.JPGGEOSATpro KU Scaler.JPG

Got a shot of the motorized GEOSATpro 90cm with the side mounted AMC1-KU bracket as I was reassembling. Here is a shot right before the skew was set for AMC1-KU and the downpour chased me back inside.....
2 LNBF Mount on Motor.JPG

Last edited:
My focal distance is supposed to be around 26.5 or 27 and only have about 5/8 sticking out of the scaler but I had about inch and a half or more. Haven't had a chance to check it but what exactly does it do. I'm assuming it makes the picture better but by how much?

Have your receiver and a small TV next to the dish and observe the Signal Quality reading as you move the Feedhorn in toward or away from the reflector. You will notice the SQ reading optimize when it is in the sweet spot of the FD.

Placing the feedhorn out of the sweet spot of the FD will eliminate the signal reception. Yes.... feedhorn placement is critical for optimum Signal Quality.

It also important to make sure that the scalar is centered and parallel to the reflector and the feedhorn is aimed directly into the center of the reflector. You can use a laser level centered and placed across the scalar and again across the feedhorn to project a laser point into the reflector.

might have to try that...Of course the kicker is to keep the LNB;s skewed properly ;)
Dont have those brackets anymore...so we gotta get jimmy rigging

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)