question dish-500 dish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

amomenit

Original poster
Mar 11, 2006
hello All:

First I want to say thanks or answering my perivious post. Now my question is that I was told by a friend who ehared from a installer that with the new HD recivers, the old dishes are also being replaced with new dishes? Is that true? Mine is a dish-500 with two LNBs in the "Y" form to get both 110 and 119. So will my dish be changed? Or is my current dish-500 legacy good? I am not much of fan on HD programming and love my current SD channels. Thanks in advance for your answer

It depends on what you want to receive. If you're sticking with SD only, then no, you won't need new equipment. The national HD channel content is on sats. at locations 61.5 and 129 (same at both). Depending on your location a single Dish 1000 with 3 LNBs might pick up 110, 119, and 129. In some locations (the NE and Florida peninsula) the 129 sat is not visible at all so you need a second dish looking at 61.5. And in many areas the signal on 129 is too weak/variable (NW, Atlanta, etc.) such that some prefer the 2-dish solution anyway. YMMV...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)