Status
Please reply by conversation.

TYORK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 6, 2004
indy
Do any of you guys know if D* has a limit to how many receiver is on a account for a home? And do they consider it commercial after so many?

I though i read this somewhere just wondering.

tyork

I am not an installer, but yes, there is a limit. I have heard both 6 or 7 is the limit. I have 5 and I know thats legit for residential.

Just to let everyone know i talk to d* today and before it is commercial you have to have more than 20 IRD.

WOW! That limit I read about must be for some installers or the promos. Who on this earth needs 20 in a non-commercial setting.

charper1 said:
WOW! That limit I read about must be for some installers or the promos. Who on this earth needs 20 in a non-commercial setting.

well i don't know what anyone would want this many in one house unless they were the Brady Bunch or the Waltons. LOL

t

Well, I have 6 receivers on my account. I have 3 kids and a wife that all like to watch something different.

It was my understanding that you could have as many receivers as you wanted as long as they were all hooked to the same land-based phone line. I didn't know about the limit of 20.....

I can't get cable or OTA tv reception where I live so satellite has been the only alternative, been with D* since 1994.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts