Not open for further replies.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
claude,

i admire your business dishstore.net. there was no question that the next time i wanted to upgrade my receivers for dish, it would be with you. always professional, never have to worry about an internet scam.

in a way, i kind of feel bad for you. dish is currently pissing on current customers and leaving most of us behind.

i am 97% sure i am not going to stay with dish when my one year commitment with the 811 ends.

i was wondering with the most recent announment of no support for named based recording if you expect sales to decrease?

i am also wondering if you have plans on bringing more direct tv products to your inventory or if you plan on sticking it out with dish.

i am going to be a new customer to direct tv in about 5 -6 months and i would love to go through you to get the deal.

can you comment on what you think of dish networks latest announcments and what your future plans are?

thanks again for being a TOP NOTCH sponsor for this site.

Personally the 921 sales have been steadly declining ever since they announced the $549 price point. We sold over 100 of them in the first 5 days after the price drop and then the sales have slowly been dropping every since. I think we sold about 7 of them this week.

Hey I made my money on this product, so im really not dissapointed, now its just a matter of finding something else to sell to make up for it.

The only thing that has surprised me is the DPP Twin. We got them in on Tuesday and have no sold a single unit! When we had DP44 Plus Switches, we couldn't keep them in stock and im stuck with about 100 of them right now.

As far as Directv im not sure what Direction we are going to go. I want to sell their products but there is a different set of rules to follow. With Dish if I sell you a receiver and it sits in your basement for 2 years I could care less, with Directv we would start having to poliece activations and start penalizing customers who do not activate equipment within 60-90 days. I really do not like that business model!
It really boils down to that I do not like being the bad guy when a customer doesn't activte their receiver and I have to wack their credit card for $130 for every access card.

i agree with you not wanting to police customers. i guess it is give or take with each company. i am just so fed up with dish network and i hate to see you (the retailers) suffer from their poor business practices.

i do wish you the best of luck and hope to support you in one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)