Question for DIRT team

singhnx01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Southern California
Can you guys provide status on Dish's negoatiation with Time Warner Cable for Laker's channel. How long will this drag? Ialready missed 6 games. I can not afford to miss more games. If I am going to spend 150 dollars a month with Dish, I would expect Dish to cover biggest sports francshise of the Southern California (Los Anageles Lakers) . Can you please shed some light on this. Everyone lese already have the contract with Time Warner with exception of Dish and Direct TV.

I doubt anyone can answer how long negotiations will last. It will last until both sides agree, it could be an hour, a day or 10 years. Also, I doubt DIRT members have any part of negotiations and are probably not made aware of what's going on with them. Please note my skepticism, I have been waiting 12 years for CSN-Philly, Dish still does not have it.

If you have an alternate provider that will prevent you from missing any more games, I would suggest you switch. If SPORTS is that important to you go for it.

Think you would have to try and contact Mike Schull think that's his name for any info on contract negotiations,even then he most likely wouldn't tell you anything.

Can you guys provide status on Dish's negoatiation with Time Warner Cable for Laker's channel. How long will this drag? Ialready missed 6 games. I can not afford to miss more games. If I am going to spend 150 dollars a month with Dish, I would expect Dish to cover biggest sports francshise of the Southern California (Los Anageles Lakers) . Can you please shed some light on this. Everyone lese already have the contract with Time Warner with exception of Dish and Direct TV.
In keeping with the standard Dish company line, " a decision will be made SOON".

As with YES, MSG and SNY, once Dish dumps a sports service, it's usually gone for good.
Switch to another provider.

You might check the Lakers' web site. They may list where you can get access, perhaps via Pay Per View.

And there's always Sports Bars.

I would not say Dish is "anti" sports, but the company is certainly not "pro" sports.
I cannot wait to watch the fur fly when the ESPN deal expires. That is going to be an epic battle.
I think Charlie tells ESPN to go pound sand.
I think he is willing to lose one third of his subscribers( my guess) so he can sit there and say "see, I told you so".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)