Question for installers ...

If you have any doubt do any wall fish your self then run any new lines to daylight this way you will get the job done right the first time. If you can not do this your self use someone who you know has experience like a local retailer he may charge more ( where I am from I charge about 60 per drop) and run all lines to 1 spot then all lines go to the dish. The industry used to be good for the installer but over the years has gotten to the point that installer is under tremendous pressure from micro management and lower pay that they will only do the minimum.
Grounding, a topic which has been in question, many times on this form. Look up Mike Holt (google it) this site is more in layman's terms. NEC which all installers are supposed to follow states the ground point should be 5 ft.' from penetration of home (doesn't state which side of wall) there is also a limitation on the length of wire from grnd block to grnd source (20ft. I think). I try whenever possible to grnd directly to the main grnd line for the home usually located near or at the meter pan. In any event if lightning hits the dish the system is mostlikly done. the grnd is so lightning will find a better path and not strike the dish. Remember NEC is part of the fire codes and a lighting strike can cause a big fire. That said Dish will not fail their QC for no grnd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)