Question for installers.

Smwoodward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Alabama
I'm getting read to start a centralized wiring project where cat6 and rg-6 is all centralized in a closet for easier installs and neater look. I haven't started the work yet, but one issue that I have come across that might happen is fire blocks. I have run wires through walls many many times in commercial buildings that generally have metal studs and no fire blocks. I also know I can make a pumpkin cut into the sheet rock right at the fire block, drill a hole and fish it there also, but I have all ready finished painting and really don't want to do that. So, does anyone have any advise on how to deal with fire blocks without cutting the sheet rock?

You can use a long flexible drill bit to drill through the fire block, then tie the cable(s) to the flex bit and use the bit to pull them through the wall at the bottom.

You can use a long flexible drill bit to drill through the fire block, then tie the cable(s) to the flex bit and use the bit to pull them through the wall at the bottom.

This is your best option if you have fireblocks. 6ft flex bit with a couple more 6ft extensions will eventually get you down into the basement.

If you have a good stud finder you can run it sideways up a wall and see if it finds a fire block

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts