question for linuxman

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gremlin411

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
South East Texas
I read post awhile back talking about your motorized 84e. After a hour of shearching the forum I can find it. I am going to try the same thing. My question is the dish has a offset in it but I can not remember what it is can you help me. Here are some pic's so for of my project I just started before paint and after paint. I found one more 84e but can not ever find anyone home.

Attachments

• 100_3013.JPG
    100_3013.JPG
    643.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_3029.JPG
    100_3029.JPG
    948.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_3030.JPG
    100_3030.JPG
    920.6 KB · Views: 141
Hey gremlin,

Here is one of my threads experimenting with c-band on a motorized primestar.

I started out with the 1M and ended up using the 84e in the experiment, but it has more information about motorizing a Primestar dish than you want to know.

Here's the link.

To motorize an 84e you have to have a couple of items before you start.

You need the 55mm tube for your motor above, and you need a length of 2" pvc to be cut down the middle for the shim. You also have to turn the mount upside down on the 84e to make it fit on the motor.

Take a read at that thread, and it will help you a lot. :)

smith, p I just got done painting them when I took that pic so they were dring, but I do have them.

Thanks Linuxman I looked at thread but I saw it was a 1m primestar I stoped reading.
Thank you that is what I was looking for.

I looking at some mods from a few ago and think I am going to try one of them. I guy cut the mount and mounted a foot off of a small dish to it and then had to make a jack bolt for elevation. It looked easier and I have all the stuff here already just have to fine time to do it.

I was thinking about using the orignal lnb and a zinwell 3X4 switch with it. I have a Techsat tracker II also which do you think would be better.

Last edited:
I was thinking about using the orignal lnb and a zinwell 3X4 switch with it.
I have a Techsat tracker II also which do you think would be better.

Often, the original LNB, mated with the original feedhorn, makes a very good combination.
I'd suggest you try that first.

If you have all the parts, try both ideas.

If you need to feed multiple receivers, then the single output Techsat isn't a solution.

For more info on switch hookups, see the Switches Simplified FAQ, in the FAQ section.

Thanks alot Anole. I just thought that the lnb has the two outputs one V and H so a 3X4 would be good to use for it, I do not have two recievers yet. Like others I am waiting on Dish to do there thing so I can pick up a cs8000 or cs8100 cheap for some of the S2 stuff out there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)