Question For SatelliteGuys Members...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The more I think about this, the more I think that this company is just not going to make it unless they can keep their overhead low. Another VoOm DoOm? You have to compete with NetFlix unless they are offering something nobody else offers. Then again, maybe I do not understand the service completely. I do think it is an awesome idea though. The gaming market is huge and if people do not have to wait to get their games then this could be great! I assume the games are for the current gaming systems like XBOX, PS, WII, right?

I think this service would be real good for me, being out in the boonies, and not wanting to deal with the
crooks at D, & E, but i would have to go along with Hemi 6.1 on the simple fact that, they have to bring some facts about the service to the fore front, instead of a ton of BS on their web site.
So, until some solid info comes out, I'll sit on the fence, and save my money.
Don't get me wrong, I like what I see so far, but need all the pricing put upfront.

Bob

The more I think about this, the more I think that this company is just not going to make it unless they can keep their overhead low. Another VoOm DoOm?
It is a worse model than VOOM IMO. This is a seperate dish, media center and etc that you have to buy. Voom equipment was free for me. Then you pay a monthly fee on top of that and then you pay per movie.:rolleyes: And as I understand it there are no sat TV channels? chuckle. Thats an awfully expensive endeavor when blockbuster carries BD's online and players are low cost now. And then there is this economy. Not only is this service for the wealthy but it seems its for "the wealthy and careless with their money" crowd IMO.

They are not goingto make it if even the neatest feature the ATSC tuners are uhf only.

I really don't think most people care about over the air signals with this. I mean this won't be peoples main receiver for content.

OTA is a killer for me I seldom watch hbo etc most of my favorite shows are on broadcast tv. if I paid 10 dollars a month for a nice media center server that handle ota plus had ppv moview I be in for it.

I am one of the few who really enjoys ota tv.

I think that XStreamHD is an interesting concept, and I'm all for better video and audio quality. That said, I'm skeptical as to whether or not it will succeed as the intended market is just not big enough. The vast majority of people will be unwilling or unable to pay the premium and will be satisfied with other means of media transport such as streaming or on demand programming. My cable company, for example, has hundreds of HD on demand selections available at any given time. While the HD picture quality is certainly not of Blu-ray quality, it's decent enough that most people will find it good enough. Also, no prefetch operation is needed - a limitation of the XStreamHD system. Another more serious limitation - if true - is that the ATSC tuners are limited to UHF channels 14-69. In my area, for example both the CBS and Fox affiliates are in the high VHF band, so that would be a deal breaker for me.

"Hello dear, I just pre-orderd $500 equipment. It doesn't inlude installation or monthly subscription. I don't know what programming is included, but it will not include the original shows you like on HBO, SHO, and STARZ, and won't have the NFL or MLB out-of-market package. We might be able to get all of the same movies using the PS3 and PlayStation Network. It's in-addition to D* Premier and our sports packages. Really, it's a FANTASTIC deal, we'd be IDIOTS to pass it up!!!"

Yep. If my wife didn't have me committed on the spot, she would probably push me in front of a bus and pay for XStreamHD using the life insurance.

I just talked with XStreamHD and they want to move ahead on this idea. Looks like it will happen on February 15th or 16th.

When I know the exact date I will make sure to let you guys know.

Start thinking of your questions now as George will be taking your questions LIVE on the air.

I am looking forward to this one. I know a lot of folks are confused about XStreamHD, but personallyk am excited by it. Its a very hard product to describe as it has some many features, but once you use one you will want one. :)

I just talked with XStreamHD and they want to move ahead on this idea. Looks like it will happen on February 15th or 16th.

When I know the exact date I will make sure to let you guys know.

Start thinking of your questions now as George will be taking your questions LIVE on the air.

I am looking forward to this one. I know a lot of folks are confused about XStreamHD, but personallyk am excited by it. Its a very hard product to describe as it has some many features, but once you use one you will want one. :)

Question 1. Why that they are now taking preorders is no one answering the phone or responding to emails.

Because they are not full setup or staffed yet to handle those things.

Look for that to change shortly. In fact look for XStreamHD to be fielding your questions here at SatelliteGuys very shortly.

They are gearing up now. :) It's exciting to see.

It is now CONFIRMED and BOOKED.

XStreamHD CEO George Gonzalez will be joining us on Tuesday Night February 16th at 7PM ET for an hour to take your questions about XStreamHD!

This is YOUR CHANCE to talk to the CEO of America's Newest Satellite Company!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW AND THINK OF THOSE QUESTIONS!

Questions

Is this a stand alone service or does it intergrate with what your current service is?

If it is a stand alone service and will be replacing current service other than current movie releases will they provide the current programming my satellite provider has?

Stand alone. No intentions of providing wide range of programming available elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)