Question for subscribers…

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DS0816

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 24, 2006
If you don't mind … What is the number-one reason that explains why you are a current [DirecTV] subscriber? (Note: Please don't give numerous reasons -- I'm only asking for one. Thank you. :up )

If you don't mind … What is the number-one reason that explains why you are a current [DirecTV] subscriber? (Note: Please don't give numerous reasons -- I'm only asking for one. Thank you. :up )

NFL Sunday Ticket. It's the only thing I buy from them. Since their Standard Definition Sunday Ticket PQ is just crappy, I think I'm going to upgrade to the HD package next year.

Jeff

only way I can get HD where I live... The town I live in allows Directv and a local cable company (not national) that offers no HD... I'm 22 miles from DC, but on the bank of the Chesapeake Bay where I can't get any OTA signals. So the locals in HD and now my RSN in HD keep me with D*

I live in the woods and no cable tv is available. DISH was relatively new when I moved here so I selected DIRECTV. Quite happy with it. No problems.

Bill in PA

About the same deal here. No cable available in my location. Got DirecTV back in 1997 and have been pleased with them since. Upgrading to HD next Friday.

My local cable company (www.ctvea.net) sucks. When comparing DirecTV and Dish. DirectTV's HD DVR is better for me. Neither DirecTV nor Dish offer any kind of locals in my area. With the Dish HD DVR I cannot receive program guide data for my locals, with DirecTV HD DVR I can. Also, I have heard that the DISH HD DVR cannot record two HD OTA signals at the same time, where the DirecTV DVRs can.

I live in a rural area and cable is not available. When I moved here, DirecTV was all that existed. I've been a subscriber since 1995 and have no regrets. I moved up to HD in 2005 and got the HR20 late 2006.

Jim in Edom

Cost. Plain and simple, D* is over $20 cheaper a month here for the same thing I would get from Comcast. Comcast is pretty good here as they just went through a major upgrade, but I'm just not willing to pay that kind of extra money.

Off topic: One more bump in the Florida tax on sats though and I'll change my mind. Right now it's 13%!!!

Sports Programming including Sunday Ticket and MLB Extra Innings (which gives me several Yankee games in HD) and my Tivo based upgraded (via PTV-Upgrade) DVRs. Also, Directv's Customer Retention has upgraded my equipment for free (I have 2 SD DVRs and 2 HD DVRs) for the last 3 years. I am sure they make up for it in my premium sports packages but I am very happy with them.

YES Network. D* doesn't carry it .....

My buddy in NYC (10101) has DirecTV HD and he says he gets it. Where do you see they don't carry it? The RSN tool shows it as well and I really can't see him lying to me about it.

Madison Square Garden
New York Rangers (HD Available)

Yankee Ent. & Sports (YES)
New Jersey Nets (HD Available)
New York Yankees (HD Available)

FSN New York
New York Rangers (HD Available)

SportsNet New York
New York Mets (HD Available)

Attachments

• 10101.JPG
    10101.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 157
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts