Question on Bundling DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adam61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I'm moving into a new home about November 1st so I was speaking with CenturyLink today about getting Phone/Internet setup. I didn't plan to call DirecTV to set up my service with them until the week before I moved in. While speaking with CenturyLink they said if I set up my DirecTV with them I save $5-20/mo based on package for the life of my DirecTV, but I must setup my DirecTV through them.

Typically I don't like using an intermediary to setup service, but I wanted to get thoughts on this from people who use it. Do you still get whatever new customer package DirecTV is offering? Do you really save $5-20/mo forever or is it a gimmick they get back in the billing elsewhere? And just generally is it worth it to do it this way or is it a hassle?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm moving into a new home about November 1st so I was speaking with CenturyLink today about getting Phone/Internet setup. I didn't plan to call DirecTV to set up my service with them until the week before I moved in. While speaking with CenturyLink they said if I set up my DirecTV with them I save $5-20/mo based on package for the life of my DirecTV, but I must setup my DirecTV through them.

Typically I don't like using an intermediary to setup service, but I wanted to get thoughts on this from people who use it. Do you still get whatever new customer package DirecTV is offering? Do you really save $5-20/mo forever or is it a gimmick they get back in the billing elsewhere? And just generally is it worth it to do it this way or is it a hassle?

Thanks!
Hi... I'm not familiar with Century Link, but here (Cincinnati) we do get a $6/mos. discount by bundling with our local landline provider, Cincinnati Bell. I signed up with them originally but all my upgrades and in fact ALL contact since is with D* directly. Once you originate the order you'll deal with D*. BTW... wish I could get MORE than $6 as you apparently can.:cool:

HDinCincy said:
Hi... I'm not familiar with Century Link, but here (Cincinnati) we do get a $6/mos. discount by bundling with our local landline provider, Cincinnati Bell. I signed up with them originally but all my upgrades and in fact ALL contact since is with D* directly. Once you originate the order you'll deal with D*. BTW... wish I could get MORE than $6 as you apparently can.:cool:

Atlanta is Windstream

I personally think that the freedom of NOT being bundled to anything from any service is worth $6/mo. and I find equal or many cases better overall deals without it and then I am not locked in or tied into anything. Just saying.

I personally think that the freedom of NOT being bundled to anything from any service is worth $6/mo. and I find equal or many cases better overall deals without it and then I am not locked in or tied into anything. Just saying.

I prefer this route as well.

CenuryLink is the new name for CenturyTel and Sprint (err Embarq)

I have Qwest and bundle to save $5. Works pretty slick. I call D* for all correspondence (add receiver, programming change)...only time I called Qwest is for billing and that is when D* had a glitch and didnt give me my discounts (known issue in July)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)