Question on C-Band Dish Idea

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jbeckett

Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
USA
I have obtained a 10ft mesh dish. I have been reading a ton on the forums about placing multiple lnb's on a C-Band dish. I ran across something in my reading. I am wondering if anyone has thought about trying to make a lnb mount similar to the toroid headend dishes like the one in the link with the curved lnb holder?

Simulsat 5, Simulsat C/Ku and Simulsat 7

Is this possible to get multiple birds on a stationary C-Band dish?

Thanks,
JOHN

Last edited:
As soon as you leave prime focus, the resulting focus is no longer symmetric. meaning loss. The further away, the more loss.
For a visual, take a magnifying glass, focus a light source onto a surface, then rotate the plane of the lens so its not aimed straight at the light source.
I think Ice and a few others have done this but were limited to sats about 4 degrees apart.
I think experimentation is the only way to see if it will work on your desired sats. Toroids are designed a parabola from top to bottom, and spherical from side to side.

I think it would be a fascinating project, although I am not sure how it would be better than a motorized, single lnb setup. I have experimented a bit with attaching a linear Ku lnb on the side of my Birdview scalar, but I did not end up keeping that for long. I remember getting a few stations.

In any case, the raw materials you have to work with probably include a parabolic dish, which I think means it isn't toroidal. I don't know, but interesting concept.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)