Question on ClubDish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cdoyle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
I gave one of my ClubDish #'s to someone on this forum, and when they tried to use it. They were told they didn't need it because they already get that discount?

So my question is, what good is the ClubDish? What's the point if when the people that try and use your referral #'s are told 'ah don't worry about it, we'll give you that discount anyways'

I almost feel ripped, I don't get the referral credit now.

It's stuff like this that makes me not want to refer people to dish.

If the person called into Dish Network they should accept the referral without incident...if not, this person will have to call Dish Network and force the issue by asking to speak to a supervisor and/or Executive Services until the matter is resolved. Of course, it will come in handy if they keep detailed notes of their call: names, dates, times, operator ID number, etc.

If this person ordered service through a less than honest Dish Retailer...well, then perhaps your savings/referral went into the pocket of the retailer. If this is the case, have the person contact the retailer and Dish Network in order to right the situation.

In either case, if the other person isn't ready to push the issue by perhaps spend hours on the phone and writing correspondence to Dish Network, then you're screwed...especially if a retailer already waived this persons $49 installation fee (nothing for this person to gain from raising the issue).

Ya he called dish directly, and the CSR told him that he didnt' need it.

It sorta happened to me when I signed up too, I signed up through a retailer and they told me that I need to give the number to dish when my account is activated.

So after the install, I'm on the phone with dish and tell them the club#. They go 'oh the retailer is suppose to do that for you' and she sorta made me feel like it was a big burden to have to do it now.

I kept on it, and hopefully the person that referred me from here, got their credit.

but really it shouldn't be this hard, and you shouldn't have to force them to just take the darn number. It's almost a slap in the face to the person who referred their new customer. A big thanks, but ha-ha!

I have brought at least 4 people to Dish. Twice I gave the clubdish cards out. Never got credit. In at least one case, it was the local retailer that "lied" about processing the card.

Oh, well. Probably not worth bothering with anymore. Surprised they keep pushing it when it's not that big a deal for the new guy, and the current customer can't really count on ever getting credit.

But I'm still happy with Dish.

I've never had a problem with my credits. I referred eleven people and received credits for all of them without a problem. However, I never did receive my free PPV coupons or the other stuff you are supposed to get.

I got the PPV coupons but never used them. I wish I got some referalls during the $25 instant credit period. I wonder if I had just sent in the PPVs I would've gotten credit without ever buying anything, that sure would've been nice...

chaddux said:
I've never had a problem with my credits. I referred eleven people and received credits for all of them without a problem. However, I never did receive my free PPV coupons or the other stuff you are supposed to get.

HOW did you get credits for ALL 11???? I was told that, no matter how many you refer, you can only get credit for 5. How long ago did you get these credits????

they used to allow up to 12 credits a month. Now it's only 5 credits a month. If you have more than 5 pending, I believe and hope that the ones waiting will start receiving credits once one of the original 5 runs out

well here is the lastest on it,
The person that tried to use my club# called dish back, and now they tell him that if he wants to use it, they'll have to start the signup process all over, and if he does this he'll lose is April 17th installation date.

What type of garbage is this, I was happy for the most part with Dish up til today. I will not be recomending them to anyone else. Very shady business practice here.

Thanks, I'm going to give this a try.

It does make me mad that this type of stuff happens, it just shouldn't. I mean really, referrals are an easy way for Dish to get new customers. So why piss off the people who are doing the referring?

Any one know for sure on this. Anyone ever get more than 5 under the new plan?

I have 6 Referals. Will the 6th one kick in after 1 though 5 run there course?

Last edited:
Someone out there has of had more than 5 Referals out there.

Anyone get no#6

I put all my club dish cards on a table at work, got all 6. Just planning for a 622, wondering if the budget will allow it with a $5 credit after the first 5 run out.

Is there someway we could get a Club Dish Forum all by itself so we could all compare notes and keep track of how this works--also gives new customers instant access to information on Club Dish and would not need to depend on the occasional thread appearing for those interested in DIsh as new customers?

It seems like there could be a lot of issues that could be discussed--perhaps use Club Dish as a Dish Customer forum for other reasons--related to quality of service, rather than equipment questions, upgrade info, programming, etc which is in this main Dish or HD Dish forum.

I gave one to a friend, who then contacted a local installer. The local installer completely matched the deal and talked my friend out of using the card.

So it appears to me that the card only gives benefits to us, and not the new subscriber. It reads like its a special deal only available to ClubDish referrals, but really anyone can get the same deal by simply asking for it.

I personally have had more ClubDish problems that I care to list. The executive office had to clear up most of them.

Tom Bombadil said:
I gave one to a friend, who then contacted a local installer. The local installer completely matched the deal and talked my friend out of using the card.

So it appears to me that the card only gives benefits to us, and not the new subscriber. It reads like its a special deal only available to ClubDish referrals, but really anyone can get the same deal by simply asking for it.

Yep, and that's what happened here. The CSR told the person who used my number, that there was no need for it.

They need to make it so there is more of a bonus to the person signing up too, something that isn't an option to everyone else. Even just something like some free PPV's or a few extra months of free HBO or something.

But I did contact ceo@echostar.com and got a reply back. They asked for the person's phone number, and are going to make sure this is fixed for me.

So it looks like this will work out in the end, I'll keep you updated.

I'm hoping that's not the case, he said in the email that I should see it on my next billing statment. So I'll be looking :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)