Question on diplexer and DP34

zhaozhong

Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
I want to receive programs on two Dish 322 dual tuner STBs from only one satellite (118.7) using a 500+ dish and the existing single RG-6 cabling system in the house, together with Comcast. If any one could enlight me on answers to the following questions, that will be greatly appreciated.

1. Given that I want all four tuners to receive programs from the same satellite, can I skip the switch (DP34) at all by simply using a DishPro splitter to distribute the Dish signal to the tuners? Can diplexers be added in between the 500+ and the splitter?

2. If I have to have a DP34 installed, can it be installed near the receivers after two diplexers? Basically I plan to use a single cable (110ft) from 500+ to diplexer, mix signal with Comcast, go through a single RG-6 cable (30ft) to inside the house, use another diplexer to seperate the dish signal and Comcast signal, and use a single RG-6 cable (30ft) to pass the dish signal to a DP34, which then connects to the four tuners with four 1ft cables.

Ouch. I think I hurt my brain trying to visualize that wiring. :p

In all honesty, your diplexing/'un"diplexing prior to the DP34 switch should work. With regards to the high-frequency splitter, perhaps someone with more experience can answer the high-frequency splitter question.

Thanks a lot! I read from DP34 manual that there is a 200ft maximum length limit from dish to receiver. Does anyone know if it is a conservative limit?

A tad conservative, yes. At the same time, I certainly would NOT push things much beyond 225' (maybe...just maybe 250'). Signal loss/voltage drop would be too great (think jumper-cables...thicker and shorter the jumper cable, the better off things are).

Once you have both signals mixed onto one wire, you should just have to use a wide band power passing 4 way splitter (5-2300mhz, one port power passing) and then just put another diplexer at each receiver. Since you are only looking to get one satellite and from a stacked satellite signal, you don't have any need for a switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)