Question on Dish Hopper Moca Bridge

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok. I have FiOS Internet and Dish. The coax out from the FiOS router is for TV. I leave it unconnected. That router also has a wireless component and 4 Ethernet out ports. One in from the FiOS point (box hanging on outside wall).

No need to send anything FiOS over coax if you don't have their TV service.

As to using the coax to feed the network extender- no, that won't work on the same coax Dish uses. But perhaps that leg could be isolated. Dish does not use the star configuration so common with cable systems.
Exactly.
Thank you.
Yes its slightly different than cable moca, but not much.

You don't need the tv part anymore.
So why do you need your Joey to put out Fios Internet when obviously its working fine right now.
Unless you have you coax split tv -extender.
If thats the case, The you need another coax.
Dish would run that.
Dish is going to tap into you Tv coax lines, disconnecting them from your current Fios network, leaving router and extender alone.

Dish Moca, will not be running with Fios Moca at all.

Ok. I have FiOS Internet and Dish. The coax out from the FiOS router is for TV. I leave it unconnected. That router also has a wireless component and 4 Ethernet out ports. One in from the FiOS point (box hanging on outside wall).

No need to send anything FiOS over coax if you don't have their TV service.

As to using the coax to feed the network extender- no, that won't work on the same coax Dish uses. But perhaps that leg could be isolated. Dish does not use the star configuration so common with cable systems.

I can't believe that such a simple question asked by the OP had to be totally troched up like this.

I have personally used a HIC to add internet to a Hopper/Joey coax MoCA network and another HIC at a remote location to strip out the internet for an access point. That's what the OP wants to do. My only unknown is whether it would be fast enough for FIOS because we don't have FIOS around here to test it. Period. That's it. It was really that simple before our local expert on everything decided he had to issue his proclamations and ramblings.

I can't believe that such a simple question asked by the OP had to be totally troched up like this.

I have personally used a HIC to add internet to a Hopper/Joey coax MoCA network and another HIC at a remote location to strip out the internet for an access point. That's what the OP wants to do. My only unknown is whether it would be fast enough for FIOS because we don't have FIOS around here to test it. Period. That's it. It was really that simple before our local expert on everything decided he had to issue his edicts and ramblings.
The only rambling I saw was your multiple post.

My first post stated dish moca and fios moca wasn't needed to be ran on the same coax.
Period.

The only rambling I saw was your multiple post.

My first post stated moca wasn't needed to be ran on the same coax.
Period.

Multiple posts necessary to try and explain what you apparently missed, over and over and over. Which had nothing to do with the question that the OP posted. That's why I said it helps to read a post before commenting, something you apparently rarely do. Either that or you have no reading comprehension. Or you just like to cause trouble which judging by the amount of trouble you cause here is the likely explanation.

Multiple posts necessary to try and explain what you apparently missed, over and over and over. Which had nothing to do with the question that the OP posted. That's why I said it helps to read a post before commenting, something you apparently rarely do. Either that or you have no reading comprehension. Or you just like to cause trouble.
The question was clear.
He wanted to use dish moca to provide Internet to his extender for his other network computers

I said you don't need to because your current Fios Moca would still be in place to your extender and Your Hopper system would have its own moca.

Which Is why i said you don't need to worry about having both ran on the same coax.

Simple.
You obviously couldn't comprehend.
Which is why you want to throw in HICs all over the place.
Didn't even know they still made those.

Yes, many of us know the double HIC trick, and it works. Nothing anyone has said contests that. We just concentrate on different aspects.

Reactions: Troch77
The question was clear.
He wanted to use dish moca to provide Internet to his extender for his other network computers

I said you don't need to because your current Fios Moca would still be in place to your extender and Your Hopper system would have its own moca.

Which Is why i said you don't need to worry about having both ran on the same coax.

Simple.
You obviously couldn't comprehend.
Which is why you want to throw in HICs all over the place.
Didn't even know they still made those.

And please explain how the FIOS MoCA would still be in place to the extender if he's using the coax that previously went to the extender for the DISH MoCA?

And how would the FIOS MoCA still be in place to the extender if he's using the coax to the extender for the DISH MoCA?
Where does it say his Extender is sharing a Coax with his current TV?
If it is , Then dish needs to run another wire for the Joey.
And the current coax stay with the extender.

Where does it say his Extender is sharing a Coax with his current TV?

In the diagram in the first post of this thread from the OP. He clearly asked if he could get internet from the Joey for his extender and his diagram was very clear that there's only one coax to the Joey / Extender location.

That's what I've been trying to tell you all day!

In the diagram in the first post of this thread from the OP. He clearly asked if he could get internet from the Joey for his extender and his diagram was very clear that there's only one coax to the Joey / Extender location.

That's what I've been trying to tell you all day!
He should have put up a diagram of his current wiring.
Not a diagram of what he thinks it should look like.

Does he have a TV hooked to his extender?
Because that Diagram sure looks like his extender is on its own coax.

Then dish needs to run another wire for the Joey.
And the current coax stay with the extender.

And so it has been proclaimed... except if a new wire can't be run to the location easily or the OP doesn't want one run or any one of a hundred other reasons why the OP asked the question he asked, which you never answered.

You did make a huge mess of his thread though. And I notice that you're really good at that.

And so it has been proclaimed... except if a new wire can't be run to the location easily or the OP doesn't want one run or any one of a hundred other reasons why the OP asked the question he asked, which you never answered.

You did make a huge mess of his thread though. And I notice that you're really good at that.
Bye.
Obviously you couldn't handle being wrong.

Bye.
Obviously you couldn't handle being wrong.

WOW! You might want to actually read the thread and see who was wrong because it wasn't me. I actually helped the guy. You probably ran him off.

Then again I don't expect that you'll admit when you're wrong because from what I see it happens constantly.

I know you also have some kind of juvenile need to have the last word so I will ignore your next meaningless post. Please don't respond to any more of my posts. You're dead to me.

Enough of the snipping back and forth, we don't work that way here at Satelliteguys. I'm closing this thread because of it. BryanB963, :welcome to Satelliteguys! If you have any further questions, please start another thread.

Reactions: Ronnie-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts