Question on Dish minimum programming

minnow

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Can I downgrade to just Distant Network programming ? I have both east and west feeds and would consider keeping them, but I can't see E* just allowing a customer only having a $9.98 per month bill(which is what I am currently billed for this service).

Up til now, yes. You will have to pay an access fee of $6 per month...plus a onetime downgrade fee of $5. I've done something similar for over 2 years.

Unless you have another programming source you might want to consider the new Family pak at $19.99. It is the minimum qualifying pak so you don't get hit with the $6 fee and their is some watchable programming in the pak.

The reason I asked was that I'm very close to going back to TWC. We already have lifeline basic for the local channels(E* does not offer our locals) and we have roadrunner. So I'm paying $54.00 just for that plus another $64.00 to Dish. TWC has the telephone/cable/internet package for $125 which would save me $25 per month over what I am paying now for all of these things. If I do decide to switch, I wa thinking of keeping the distants as I like the flexibility to record network shows when there is a conflict. And because I have 508's, I don't have to pay the DVR fee for the newer boxes.
However it's just becoming to damn expensive to keep all of these things going and 've got to tighten the belt somewheres. So ........... Got to ponder this out. Thanks for all your advice. :)

No problem as long as you own your receiver and have no program commitment. As was posted by kirby, it will cost you $5 to downgrade programming and an extra $5 (did this go up to $5.99 on 2/1) as a "because we can" program access fee for not having a "basic" package. So your total bill will be 9.98+5 (or 5.99) a month.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)