Question on dish network and OTA setup

ishcor2000

Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
madison
Hi, I just had Dish network VIP222K installed and was wondering if I can get OTA in HD on my other TV's (TV1, tv2, and tv3)? I have attached my current setup in a jpg and have tried many ways to make this work, but thus far been unsuccessful.
Currently, I can get OTA and dish programming on TV1, TV2, and TV3, but not in HD.
Before dish I was able to get locals in HD, so i know my antenna is fine, I just don't know how to setup, or if it's even possible to get dish programming and locals in HD.
Right now, if I have my remote TV to channel 60 i can get dish programming and the OTA broadcast inside the dish programming on channel 60. I would like to be able to turn to channel say 12.1 and pick up ABC in HD.
Maybe it's not possible w/ my current setup and maybe i'd have to run another cable up to the remote TVs?
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• flow chart.jpg
    flow chart.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 240
You will not get HD OTA on TV2 out of the receiver. If you have HD locals from the satellite they can be watched on TV2.

My suggestion is in the altered image attached. Push the OTA receiver into the 222K to see OTA on TV1.

Attachments

• flowchart.jpg
    flowchart.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 278
You will not get HD OTA on TV2 out of the receiver. If you have HD locals from the satellite they can be watched on TV2.

My suggestion is in the altered image attached. Push the OTA receiver into the 222K to see OTA on TV1.

Thanks, that simplified things...I got rid of a few splitters with the way you drew it up.
It's too bad my remote TV's don't have 2 coax inputs, then I could run another cable up to the tv and I think I could have dish and HD OTA that way.

I am looking at doing something similar - what diplexer is needed to put the OTA signal and Satellite signal on the same cable? What mhz range is needed for the OTA part and Dish Network signals? Would love to know an exact product that has been known to work to do this. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)