Question on HR-34 install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chwtom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2007
I have Directv coming in 2 days to do a new install (replacing Dish Network). I have 4 TVs in my house, and they are bringing a Hr-34 and 3 HD boxes.

Currently I have a Dishnetwork box, and have my living room TV connected via HDMI, and a bedroom TV connected to the same box via components run through the wall. I don't have a cable outlet in the bedroom, just a set of componenets that I ran from the living room when they were sheetrocking the house.

So a couple questions about the HR-34 install:
1. What features does a TV need to be able to be run by the HR-34 remotely? They told me it has to be a smart TV, but I'm not familiar with that term. Does that just mean it needs wifi capability?
2. Is the signal to the remote TV from the HR-34 HD?
3. Will they be able to use the wiring from the Dish Network install, or do they need to re-wire everything? I heard mention of some different kind of cable, but I'm not familiar with all the terminology. My house was built, and Dish installed 4 years ago, if that helps.

What features does a TV need to be able to be run by the HR-34 remotely? They told me it has to be a smart TV, but I'm not familiar with that term. Does that just mean it needs wifi capability?
Would need to be a Samsung RVU capable TV, which is just starting to come out. Any TV will work if you put a HD receiver on it, so getting 3 of those gives your 4 TVs easily.

Is the signal to the remote TV from the HR-34 HD?
The coax cable forms a network, and the video is sent digitally from the HR34 and decoded by the HD receiver on the other end. The HD receivers can also watch live TV without needing the HR34.

Will they be able to use the wiring from the Dish Network install, or do they need to re-wire everything? I heard mention of some different kind of cable, but I'm not familiar with all the terminology. My house was built, and Dish installed 4 years ago, if that helps.
Most likely they can use the cable, I think as long as it is RG6 you're good, which is the same stuff Dish uses. RG59 is used in prewired homes or by cable installs from early to mid 1990's and before. Usually not a good idea to use RG59.

1) I think with FW 1024, but only seems to be 6000/6400/6420 series LED LCD's right now unless they have added more. Im sure it'll be a big thing on 2012 tv's.

Just looking, support for "remote service" has been added to the D7000 and D8000 LED's too, as well as the D8000 plasma.

Only Samsung 6000 series televisions,until a client is released then any tv with Ethernet input can be used via broadband deca and RF remote.

Just looking, support for "remote service" has been added to the D7000 and D8000 LED's too, as well as the D8000 plasma.

Only Samsung 6000 series televisions,until a client is released then any tv with Ethernet input can be used via broadband deca and RF remote.

Only if they are RVU compatable

Op,
You mentioned "Smart TV's" Samsung came out with TV's a few years back that were labeled "Smart TV's", however, this is NOT the same thing as the RVU capable TV's that will work with the HR34.

Originally the "Smart TV" for Samsung, was one that got the Internet on them.

Elway, then Current Samsung TV's D7000, and 8000's do not have RVU built into them, yet .... I suppose the next round could but you would think they would have a different model number designating it.

Only if they are RVU compatable

Op,
You mentioned "Smart TV's" Samsung came out with TV's a few years back that were labeled "Smart TV's", however, this is NOT the same thing as the RVU capable TV's that will work with the HR34.

Originally the "Smart TV" for Samsung, was one that got the Internet on them.

Elway, then Current Samsung TV's D7000, and 8000's do not have RVU built into them, yet .... I suppose the next round could but you would think they would have a different model number designating it.

One thing to note - according to my installer - for each RVU unit you connect to your HR34, you lose one of the 5 tuners.

People will opt to have the HD Receivers attached to their RVU TV's so they can keep the 5 tuners. At least, that's what I would do.

Not just the 6000 series, it's the D6000, D6400, and the D6420.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts