Question on install fee reversal - does it impact the installer?

SpaethCo

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 7, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
I have a bit of a dilemma. I finally broke down and bought an HDTV, taking advantage of the good deals that were being offered on Black Friday. After that I placed an order with Dish to replace my 510 DVR with a 722. Since I've only had SD programming this required replacing my Dish500 with a Dish1000.2. Per the CSR that I talked to, the dish replacement cost was included in the $199 w/ $100 rebate Dish'n It UP promotion.

This last Saturday a subcontractor came out to do the work even though we had our first snow storm of the season that day. To make matters worse once he mounted the Dish1000 there were problems with the LNB, so he had to drive to meet another tech to get a replacement. (it was his last 1000.2LNB in his van as I was the last install of the day) I fully expected the install to be called off, but the tech stuck to it and made sure I was up and running before he took off. The guy clearly went above and beyond, so I had no reservations about giving him a $40 tip on the install.

Today I logged in to check my account to see what the new pricing would look like with HD added to the mix and I noticed a $99 installation charge added. I called in to ask about it only because the first CSR said that the Dish500 to Dish1000 costs and receiver swap would be covered by Dish. The CSR put me on hold and said they needed to talk to "dispatch", and then when they came back on the line they said they would credit the $99 install fee.

The question I have is -- does this impact how the subcontrator will be paid by Dish for the work? I only called in to ask about it because the Dish CSRs specifically stated that I would not be charged anything other than the $199 up-front DIU fee. I just want to make sure my call and subsequent install fee reversal will not hurt the contractor that did the work.

-Eric

I have a bit of a dilemma. I finally broke down and bought an HDTV, taking advantage of the good deals that were being offered on Black Friday. After that I placed an order with Dish to replace my 510 DVR with a 722. Since I've only had SD programming this required replacing my Dish500 with a Dish1000.2. Per the CSR that I talked to, the dish replacement cost was included in the $199 w/ $100 rebate Dish'n It UP promotion.

This last Saturday a subcontractor came out to do the work even though we had our first snow storm of the season that day. To make matters worse once he mounted the Dish1000 there were problems with the LNB, so he had to drive to meet another tech to get a replacement. (it was his last 1000.2LNB in his van as I was the last install of the day) I fully expected the install to be called off, but the tech stuck to it and made sure I was up and running before he took off. The guy clearly went above and beyond, so I had no reservations about giving him a $40 tip on the install.

Today I logged in to check my account to see what the new pricing would look like with HD added to the mix and I noticed a $99 installation charge added. I called in to ask about it only because the first CSR said that the Dish500 to Dish1000 costs and receiver swap would be covered by Dish. The CSR put me on hold and said they needed to talk to "dispatch", and then when they came back on the line they said they would credit the $99 install fee.

The question I have is -- does this impact how the subcontrator will be paid by Dish for the work? I only called in to ask about it because the Dish CSRs specifically stated that I would not be charged anything other than the $199 up-front DIU fee. I just want to make sure my call and subsequent install fee reversal will not hurt the contractor that did the work.

-Eric
fear not we get paid for the work. It's a billing error. Not to worry.

I suspect it is an automatic bill issued by DISH's complex system that would have been credited back before you actually got charged.

even if the sub called and had the existing customer install code added 99$ fee when the csr credits they just adjust it off the bill they would have to call the equipment resolution team to revoke the work order they would have to call retail services---so yeah not happening he gets paid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)