Question on international channels

dishby

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Hello,

I am looking at adding international channels particularly for chinese. I have a dish1000, do I need another dish added to get these? Another question is if
there are any English subtitles available. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

dishby

I believe all the Chinese programs are from 121 satellite. There might still be duplicated on 61.5 (not sure for that). Most of them does not have English subtitles. The CCTV movie channel does have some English subtitle since most of movies do have them. There is one dedicated English channel (CCTV-9) mainly for news and documentory programs.

Thanks for the info. So I get 110,119 and 129 currently, I guess this means another dish?

Just checked, now all the Chinese programs are carried (duplicated) on 118 and 121. If you don't need 129, you could using SuperDish-121 to get all the programs. If you are a HD subscriber, your could just add a wing dish for 61.5 to SuperDish-121. That is my setup.

What is WING DISH? I have Super dish 121 and get 110, 119 and 121 and I want to get HD package. I was told to add another dish to get just 61.5

Based on my set up is it possible to get HD without adding too many dishes?

"Wing Dish" = Second dish.

You will need the 61.5 with your current SuperDish to get HD. If you don't care about International and your local is not on 121, then, you can replace your SuperDish with Dish 1000 (single dish) to get HD.

Why not just upgrade the Dish 1000 to a Dish 1000 Plus? That would let you get exactly what you get now and the Chinese language channels. (110, 118, 119 and 129)

See ya
Tony

Not sure if Dish 1000 plus is available now...... Also, there are many reports/discussion here about signal strength about 129. Other than those above, I am more in favor of "seperate" dishes setup.

Thanks guys! I need either 61.5 or 148 or 121 for my international. from replies above, looks like I need TWO dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts