Question on turning on new TV and Hopper 3

Reading Rainbow comes to mind, im of opinion if one cant be bother read up and learn about the tech one want to use and how to configure setup, they should not have it. It rare i actual bother. Wont even do for parents/family/friends anymore, cause i got tired of repeating my self. this probably my good will for the year :eeek.

years of tech support and deal with people that can be bother to learn will do that no company can pay me enough to deal with anymore seeing stress me out to point i was getting panic attacks.

I am not directing this at OP, either it generalizations to people want all this nice stuff but cant be bother to learn and just want be told so they can forget and be told again later . if people or op want to take offense your either one those people and dont like being told that or you take offense to everything said some how.

Seriously i know people that dont know how to change input on tv remote, despite being told how multiple times and remote has clearly labled button.

The issue is has nothing to do with the dish equipment or inputs. As Tsunami has pointed out it is a setting on the Sony TV itself. You must go into the Sony settings and change your startup from Home Screen to Last Used Input and you issue will be resolved. You do this with your Sony remote:

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 8.26.02 AM.png

The dish remote works fine changing channels, volume etc. It is just when first turning it on, it goes to TV first instead of Dish
You have to go into the TV settings and find where you can select if it wants to go to the home screen or to one of the HDMI inputs when you power up and set it accordingly.

Edit, And of course it was already answered and I was too lazy to read the rest of the thread before I posted my reply lol

Glad you are good to go now.
Yes, now if we can just get the echo between the 2 tv's big one in living room and small one in kitchen solved. When on chat with Sony tv, they then put me on with soundbar chat, so now have to try and do an update on the sony soundbar and see if that helps. If we just have the speakers from TV on and the 2nd smaller tv in dining room on no echo, just only with the soundbar. One thing at a time I guess.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If it's a Sony TV, the eARC HDMI port is HDMI 3, not 1. So try to move the cable to HDMI 3 and check that the HDMI settings on the TV are set to use their connected TV integrations.
Yes we have it in Arc HDMI3 for the soundbar. We have the Dish Hopper 3 in HDMI 1.
Just did an update to our Sony Soundbar, via downloading to USB device and installing in the back of the soundbar. It might have helped a tiny bit with the echo, but still is really there. So much for our $600 soundbar, guess the new tv is just to tech updated to prevent the echo. As I said way back when was told to take off the Dolby on our Hopper3 and on our old Sony tv which was also 65" it took the echo away. But that tv was almost 7 years old and having to reboot up every time we turned it on, plus it started freezing up so that is why we got a new tv.

Yes we have it in Arc HDMI3 for the soundbar. We have the Dish Hopper 3 in HDMI 1.
Just did an update to our Sony Soundbar, via downloading to USB device and installing in the back of the soundbar. It might have helped a tiny bit with the echo, but still is really there. So much for our $600 soundbar, guess the new tv is just to tech updated to prevent the echo. As I said way back when was told to take off the Dolby on our Hopper3 and on our old Sony tv which was also 65" it took the echo away. But that tv was almost 7 years old and having to reboot up every time we turned it on, plus it started freezing up so that is why we got a new tv.
Does the soundbar have an optical output? If so, have you tried pluging the soundbar directly into the Hopper3 using an optical cable? Just a wild guess, but it could be that having the audio travel to the TV via HDMI and then back to the soundbar via ARC is introducing latency, so maybe a direct connection would help?

Does the soundbar have an optical output? If so, have you tried pluging the soundbar directly into the Hopper3 using an optical cable? Just a wild guess, but it could be that having the audio travel to the TV via HDMI and then back to the soundbar via ARC is introducing latency, so maybe a direct connection would help?
Yes it does, but we did not try that. But then what would happen when we watched something on smart tv, that was not going through the hopper, like amazon prime, Paramount + netflix, etc.??

Yes it does, but we did not try that. But then what would happen when we watched something on smart tv, that was not going through the hopper, like amazon prime, Paramount + netflix, etc.??
Then it would play on the TV speakers, defeating the point of the soundbar :confused:.

I would still do it to see if it’s the problem, because if connecting directly fixes the issue then atleast we know it’s latency introduced by the new TV.

You can also try the optical output on the TV itself, it would still not be a direct connection, but the latency is usually better then ARC (eARC is I believe better then both, but only available on very recent TV sets)

Then it would play on the TV speakers, defeating the point of the soundbar :confused:.

I would still do it to see if it’s the problem, because if connecting directly fixes the issue then atleast we know it’s latency introduced by the new TV.

You can also try the optical output on the TV itself, it would still not be a direct connection, but the latency is usually better then ARC (eARC is I believe better then both, but only available on very recent TV sets)
We have the eArc as a very new 2022 set

I have Toshiba Fire tvs on all our tvs and it does the same thing. It will go to the apps home screen and I have to select the inputs from there and go to DISH or any other device I have plugged into the tv. It's annoying but I have gotten used to it.

I have Toshiba Fire tvs on all our tvs and it does the same thing. It will go to the apps home screen and I have to select the inputs from there and go to DISH or any other device I have plugged into the tv. It's annoying but I have gotten used to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)