Question on viewing 4 channels at once on same tv with Dish(and other ?'s)

Digger10000

Original poster
May 23, 2017
Coralville,IA
Hello everyone. I was a Dish customer for a number of years however I had to go with cable when I moved 3 years ago which I was not happy about:( I will be moving Aug 1 and I am so happy to be able to come back to Dish. In the past I had a 722 that I was able to watch 2 different tvs on. I had 2 additional receiver's too. Anyway I was wondering, with the hopper can I watch 4 channels at the same time on 1 tv, no matter what type of tv I have? I mean I have an HD TV but its not 4k or anything.

Also how many recievers are you allowed to have on a dish account? And is it possible to use wireless receivers, how many cords would have to run from the outside into the house? Can a person purchase your receivers and then shut them off for part of the Year? Also are the 722's still available?

Thanx for any help. I had a dish for 16 years however I am very lacking in tech knowledge.

Hopper 1 Hopper WS or Hopper 3 can only output 1 channel. Joey's are used to add channels using the Hoppers tuners. You have at least the month of July to learn more about the current DISH system. Read the forums and ask questions you will become better informed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not clear on what you are asking. With a Hopper 3 I can watch 4 channels at once with PIP multiview. One channel in each quadrent of the TV screen. I have a 4K TV, don't know if that matters.

As boba said. Unlike 722, they only output one channel.

Not clear on what you are asking. With a Hopper 3 I can watch 4 channels at once with PIP multiview. One channel in each quadrent of the TV screen. I have a 4K TV, don't know if that matters.

As boba said. Unlike 722, they only output one channel.

You don't need 4K or HDMI to enjoy MultiView. I watch it all the time on component and it works on the composite output too. :)

Multiview allows you to select the 4 channels you wish to watch. It is under the PIP control. There is also Multi-channel(100) that gives you 6 channels that Dish selects. right now it is showing HGTV, HIST, FOOD, USA, ID, TNT. There is also College Sports Multi-Channel View (151) currently showing SEC,PAC12,BIG10,ESPNU, LHN, ESNWS. I use the Hopper3 to run 2 TVs. The HDMI output goes to my 4K TV. The RCA output goes to a HD TV. You cannot get different channels though. Each TV must watch the same channel. We do have a 4K Joey, a Joey2, and a wireless Joey that can go to 3 other TVs in the house to watch their own channels. I am thinking of replacing the 4K Joey with a second Hopper3 to get the selectable multiview on another TV and am following other threads on this Forum that are telling us how to do that.

Multiview allows you to select the 4 channels you wish to watch. It is under the PIP control. There is also Multi-channel(100) that gives you 6 channels that Dish selects. right now it is showing HGTV, HIST, FOOD, USA, ID, TNT. There is also College Sports Multi-Channel View (151) currently showing SEC,PAC12,BIG10,ESPNU, LHN, ESNWS. I use the Hopper3 to run 2 TVs. The HDMI output goes to my 4K TV. The RCA output goes to a HD TV. You cannot get different channels though. Each TV must watch the same channel. We do have a 4K Joey, a Joey2, and a wireless Joey that can go to 3 other TVs in the house to watch their own channels. I am thinking of replacing the 4K Joey with a second Hopper3 to get the selectable multiview on another TV and am following other threads on this Forum that are telling us how to do that.
It is important to note that the RCA feed is still SD even if it goes to an HDTV unless it is the component outputs.... If it is the component outputs you also have to run the red/white audio cable.

Thanx so much guys. Yes, that is my #1 question is about the multiview. That's good to know you don't need 4k for that. I usually watch 5 or more CFB games at one time and I'm trying to expand that #:)

I plugged my Joey2 into a 4 way HDMI splitter and have 3 TVs currently connected to the splitter. They must all watch the same channel. This allows my wife to watch The TV in the family room/kitchen and move seamlessly to the TV in the living room TV. This also allows my wife to say "do you want to see ???" and I can switch on the TV in my office and see what she is watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)