Question re: Dish 1000, HD and living in Northeast U.S.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Thwockage

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
I am trying to determine whether I should give any consideration to the upcoming MPEG-4 equipment upgrade offers and need some help. Here's my current set up:
I live northeast of Baltimore (Fallston, MD 21047), have a Dish 500, and a couple of HD receivers (a leased 942 and an owned 811) and a DP44 switch. I am subscribed to the "old" HDPak, and also have HBOHD and ShoHD and get all local HD programming via OTA antenna. While interested in VOOM programming, I am not interested in nor willing to put up a 2nd dish to point at 61.5. Now that the MPEG-4 rollout is looming, I'm trying to determine what my options are, if any, that don't involve a 2nd dish installation.
My question: Given the information that I've found here at satelliteguys regarding the Dish 1000, it clearly appears that I am screwed in terms of being able to see a 3rd satellite using one of those dishes. Should I then assume that my only option to get the full range of Dish HD programming soon to be made available is by installing a 2nd dish, regardless of MPEG-4 implementation?
With the HD-Lite issues and the fact that I have no need to get HD local programming through Dish, I'm thinking there isn't a _compelling_ reason to do anything at this time but am interested in some opinions on what I may be missing. Appreciate any thoughts on this - thanks
Cheers,
Todd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts