Question regarding 622??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Grimlok

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
NJ
I have 2 simple questions as I am new to Dish coming over from Digital Cable. I'm getting my equipment in April and wanted to make sure of 2 things.

1. When using the 622 HD DVR; if I record a program, lets say LOST in HD and I want to watch that program on my SDTV, is it possible to view that program in SD even though it's recorded in HD?

2. If I'm recording a program in HD and watching a different show on my HDTV, (basically using both tuners) does that render my SDTV useless because they are connected via the 622?

Thanks!

1. When using the 622 HD DVR; if I record a program, lets say LOST in HD and I want to watch that program on my SDTV, is it possible to view that program in SD even though it's recorded in HD?

yes. you can record in HD and watch it on SD TV

1) You can watch it on your SDTV (TV 2) but it will be letterboxed

2) I think it depends what you are watching/recording. I think that if 1 of the shows you are watching/recording on TV 1 is OTA then you can watch something else on TV 2. If they are both from satellite signal then you would have to watch one of these 2 shows on TV 2. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just not at home to try it out.

(Disclaimer - I'm bassing this on the performance of the 942, which should be the same)

volkodav:

So is it the "Aboriginal dogs of the Caucasus and Asia" or "strangling a wolf?"

Your English is fine. English is the first language of most of us here, and some of us hardly try at all! :haha

navychop said:
volkodav:

So is it the "Aboriginal dogs of the Caucasus and Asia" or "strangling a wolf?"

Your English is fine. English is the first language of most of us here, and some of us hardly try at all! :haha[/QUOTE

strangling a wolf.

lakebum431 said:
1) You can watch it on your SDTV (TV 2) but it will be letterboxed ...

(Disclaimer - I'm bassing this on the performance of the 942, which should be the same)

This is not what my wife's 942 does. A HD recording is displayed in 4:3 on TV 2. Heck, her TV 2 is a 13" set in the kitchen and letterbox would make an image the size of an envelope. :p

lakebum431 said:
Sounds like she is in Single User Mode. With duel user mode it is letterboxed.

Don't know how to be more clear. She is in Dual Mode - TV2 is a 13" 4:3 set in the kitchen. The viewing on that set is controlled by the UHF TV2 Remote independent of what is being viewed on TV1 in another room. Shows recorded in HD are not letterboxed on TV2.

Then it looks like she is using one of the formats other than "normal" (ie stretch, partial zoom, or zoom). On a TV that small it isn't going to make much difference, but on a larger TV 2 it can make a big difference. In normal mode (where the picture is not altered) it is letterboxed. Hope this answers the OP's question fully.

lakebum431 said:
Then it looks like she is using one of the formats other than "normal" (ie stretch, partial zoom, or zoom). On a TV that small it isn't going to make much difference, but on a larger TV 2 it can make a big difference. In normal mode (where the picture is not altered) it is letterboxed. Hope this answers the OP's question fully.

The set is sixteen years old and has no such control.

From Pg 13 of the 942's User Manual. "... The video displayed on the remote TV is always in SD. The remote TV is also referred to as TV2."

Do you own a 942? :confused:

Last edited:
SaltiDawg said:
Don't know how to be more clear. She is in Dual Mode - TV2 is a 13" 4:3 set in the kitchen. The viewing on that set is controlled by the UHF TV2 Remote independent of what is being viewed on TV1 in another room. Shows recorded in HD are not letterboxed on TV2.

My remote tv acts the same way with HDTV channels.

Sam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)