Question regarding HD locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbcg

Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Hi,

I am considering switching from Dish to DirecTv, and while researching the forums, I noticed that some members are able to get HD distant network feeds (which would have to mean that D* is already broadcasting HD network signals through their satellites from the L.A. and N.Y. areas, right?)

I live in the L.A. region (Yucaipa, which is ~75 miles east of L.A., in San Bernardino County), and OTA HD might not be an option since we have a mountain between us and the transmitters. So, my questions is: are L.A. area subscribers able to get their HD channels through the satellite? When I put my zip code in (92399), it says that High-definition (HD) local channels from DIRECTV are also available in your area. To receive them you will need an HD system, but I'm not sure if they are talking about receiving them through an OTA antenna or satellite.

Thank You
-William

Hey William, i live in Mountain Home Village which is just above Yucaipa. I dont have DirecTV yet, but i recently called and asked them about the same thing. DirecTV said that i would get ABC,CBS,NBC and FOX in HD in the 90's channel range via satellite. I was kinda shocked at this, because they dont really advertise it. I would have gone with Direct if i had known that 5 months ago when i moved. I even had a friend verify that he could get those stations in HD and its true.

i definately cant get any reception with OTA since im surrounded by mountains.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)