Question regarding Programming (DISH)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

G_Sup

Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Throughout the week the comedy channel has been advertising the Dennis Leary Live and Uncut. I stay up until 1am (the advertised time) and to my dismay I get PAID PROGRAMMING. I check my local CABLE programming and sure enough, just as advertised the program is on. I check Comedy Central online and sure enough, it's scheduled for 1pm PST. I then call DISH to find out what's going on and the rude CS tell's me "We only feed what the channel gives us."

So, my question is; Do other providers provide different feeds of the same channel at the same given time???? If COX cable is providing what Comedy Central is supposed to be providing and DISH is showing some crappy TimeLife "The hits of the 70's CD" info-mercial...who's getting screwed????

If anyone could explain this it would be great. Right now I'm feeling screwed that half of my DISH channels turn into PAID PROGRAMMING after 1am when cable gets regular programming.

Are you sure it was on at that time EDT? Dish only feeds the East Coast signal. Many cable companies west of the Mississippi use the West Coast feed. Yes, the real programming ends early for Westies.
-Ken

jerryez said:
I am sure that you were not rude to the CSR at 1AM!

Actually, I wasn't. It was one of those robotic CSR's that replied with a preprogramed response. "Sir, we only show what the supplier feeds us" regardless of which way I asked the question. I was simply trying to understand why COX cable had programs on and DISH didn't is all.

I now understand that everything is EST which pretty much explains it, however no where on that CS link does it state that all times are EST. You have to admit, people who stay up past 1am on the weekends in the West coast are somewhat getting screwed with DISH, whereas COX changes the programming to accomidate the PST time zone. Then again, East coasters get shafted with live programming such as Monday night football. I guess it's a give and take.

Thanks for the replies.

I live in central time and it came on at 12:00, then again at 1:30. So you must of turned it there just as it was going off. Any time you see a schedule on the TV pay attention to rather or not it is EDT, CDT, MDT, or PDT! Most all national programming is in the Eastern time zone, and unless you have local cable or OTA, you will have to remember to subtract three hours from what ever time you hear.

G_Sup said:
You have to admit, people who stay up past 1am on the weekends in the West coast are somewhat getting [..] with DISH, whereas COX changes the programming to accomidate the PST time zone.
Your west coast COX does NOTHING with the programming - they simply pick up a different feed than E* and D* use for their national program services.

Neither DBS company has the space available to offer all channels in ET and PT feeds. Some channels are offered this way - the primary premium movie channels, Nickelodeon, Disney and a couple Spanish language channels. But there simply is not enough room to offer hundreds of national channels twice.
G_Sup said:
Then again, East coasters get shafted with live programming such as Monday night football.
It still comes across LIVE on the East coast.

Both DBS companies have an on box program guide. Both have DVRs available. Tools are at your disposal - and now ... you know. :)

JL

I know it comes across live on the East Coast, I was just referring to how late East Coasters have to stay up on a weekday night to watch it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)