Question regarding VIP 622 installation to second (multiple) televisions

fatty

Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
I'm getting the VIP 622 installed this weekend but I'm still a little hazy on how the scenario with the second tv installation will work. Right now I have a leased 811 wired in the basement with one coax from the dish to my HD 811 receiver and I have a very old SD receiver (4900 maybe?) that I own wired by coax from the dish to the family room upstairs. I have three other rooms in the house wired with a coax feed outside to where the dish is but these are currently not connected. My plan is to get a VIP 622 to replace both of the current receivers where I can use two tuners (one Dish, one OTA) for my basement and the other tuner shared throughout the other tvs in the house. Since I currently have a 500 system the CSR said that my dish will need to be replaced as well.

It seems as if they can install the 622 with a seperator in the basement so I can receive both tuners through the one coax. Am I understanding this correctly? But how will I be able to use the "TV2 OUT" on the 622 receiver to see programming off of the second tuner on the other tvs?

Here is where I get more confused:

Will I have to run another coax from the dish to the basement to connect to the "Home Distribution" output on the 622 to obtain connections for the other tvs (which would require a splitter) from the second tuner? On a side note, I'm guessing the "Home Distribution" output is the same as the composite outputs for TV2 but how practical is it to run another composite cable from the 622 to another tv in the house, in another room, possible on another floor? Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly.

I'm hoping I don't have to run another coax from the dish to the basement because I'm afraid the installer wouldn't want to run it through the wall like the current one is and would try to go around the house on the outside and drill another hole in the house, which I REALLY want to avoid.

From my existing setup (5 rooms all homerun with coax to the existing dish location outside), does what I want to do seem logical without having to run additional cables?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I just want to make sure to know what to look for and expect when the installer is here this weekend. I tried to find a setup from Dish Network's site but I couldn't find anything applicable to my situation.

using diplexers the installer should backfeed the TV2 signal back out to the dish location and then it can be run through a splitter to the additional tv's.

basically as long as you have a direct cable run from each tv location out to where the dish is... the installer should have no problem.

using diplexers the installer should backfeed the TV2 signal back out to the dish location and then it can be run through a splitter to the additional tv's.

basically as long as you have a direct cable run from each tv location out to where the dish is... the installer should have no problem.

Thank you very much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)