Question.??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joecap1946

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
Wewahitcka, Florida
I recently got my locals is HD. I am in the Panama City DMA.

I have a Samsung 52 inch LCD. I have the picture option set to "just scan".

I'm seeing a white bar at the very top of some of the broadcasts, hard to explain it appears to have some slight movement at the top as the program continues. When I change to TV setting to 16 x 9 the line disappears.

Is this an issue with my TV, Dish, or my Local broadcasts??

I don't have a problem watching the TV in 16 x 9, the PQ is crisp. Just curious as to why I'm seeing this line.

Thanks in advance.

It's part of the broadcast signal, the text info, etc. Some programs don't have it formatted properly to only view the image instead of the non-image info that is also transmitted on that channel. If you can change the tv setting or the receiver setting to 'zoom' or something else and get rid of it, great.

I watch most everything in 16x9 with my LCD. Why not leave it in 16x9 all the time?

It's part of the broadcast signal, the text info, etc. Some programs don't have it formatted properly to only view the image instead of the non-image info that is also transmitted on that channel. If you can change the tv setting or the receiver setting to 'zoom' or something else and get rid of it, great.

I watch most everything in 16x9 with my LCD. Why not leave it in 16x9 all the time?

That's what I'll do.

I was just curious as to why I was seeing it in the first place. Thought it might be a problem with Dish or my locals.

Thanks for your quick reply bebop. I appreciate the input.
:)

You are welcome. I've had my 722 for over a year and have never used it other than in 16x9. The format is better for the large LCD tv's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts