Question

Bobby C

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
Oklahoma
I have a question I am considering putting up a second antenna to pick up stations to my south I live in Moore and was wanting to try and pick up the Lawton Stations as well as Ardmore and Ada. How would I go about taking the signals from both antenna wires and combining them into 1 transmission line to feed my TV's? Would it be as simple as using a 2 way splitter and using the 2 outputs to hook the 2 antenna feed lines into and then the input side of the splitter going to feed my input on my 3 way splitter I have for feeding the signal to my 3 TV's now? Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bobby"

Have you seen antennaweb.org? They will show what is available to your location, distance from your home, and the direction. (I only enter the street and zip code for my area and I get all the stations that are available to me.)

As for your question, I do not think you will get the results that you hope for, I suggest an antenna rotor. Check out this forum for the technical reasons that connecting two antennas will not work. You can also search google or yahoo for additional information.

You can use a Rat Shack hybrid splitter/combiner and expect decent results. Keep the lines from the antennas to the combiner of equal length. Problems usually arise with 2 antennas when you get into using pre-amps; although, one with and one w/o will often work out fine. The other problem area is when the pointing azimuth of the two antennas is less than about 60 degrees or they point 180 degrees +/- 30 different. In those cases the interfering signals can cause loss of the signal(s) you want to receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts