Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sceavis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2005
Any guesses when we will see the roll out for locals in hd and mpeg 4 for boston.At the same time do you think they will be offering the $200.00 rebate on the h20?

sceavis said:
Any guesses when we will see the roll out for locals in hd and mpeg 4 for boston.At the same time do you think they will be offering the $200.00 rebate on the h20?

Boston is in the original 12 markets being turned on first, I would imagine it depends on any addl delays, but estimated as November, December .
As for the rebates, I would say yes they will be available.

I just spoke with the advance dept, they quoted saying that there will be upgrades FREE !!!!
Which is what everyone has been saying all along. :)

Jimbo

This is so hard to choose I am toying between getting either dish or direct. My local cable just stinks as far as there offering for HDTV. But at the same time I am in a town that is wired for Fios. I do not want to make a commitment then fios comes in then I am out lots of cash to pay off my term with one of these companys.Direct looks good because of there roll out of HD locals but dish has flat out more HD channels and who knows what will be added between the two companies in the near future. I am just not sure what the smart step I should take next is. Any thoughts from anybody would be a great help.

sceavis said:
This is so hard to choose I am toying between getting either dish or direct. My local cable just stinks as far as there offering for HDTV. But at the same time I am in a town that is wired for Fios. I do not want to make a commitment then fios comes in then I am out lots of cash to pay off my term with one of these companys.Direct looks good because of there roll out of HD locals but dish has flat out more HD channels and who knows what will be added between the two companies in the near future. I am just not sure what the smart step I should take next is. Any thoughts from anybody would be a great help.

Personally, I would narrow choices down to D* and Fios, I would look into what the Fios has to offer and compare prices, also consider what you want to watch, if you are into the NFL I would go with Direct, I left Dish out only because I do not see them advancing soon, they seem to be looking to see how D*'s upgrade goes. D* will have more HD when the sats are all in place, I don't see Dish adding at the moment..
No one knows about FIos , so far it is quite new, do some reserch and see what you think... BTW who is the FIOS with ?

IMO

Jimbo

Verizon has all the lines installed in my area just not sure when they will be flipping the switch!Right now i am leaning towards direct because of the locals in hd the mpeg 4 most of all its only 1 dish. I know it's big but it is still better then the two you have to have now with dishnetwork!

sceavis said:
Verizon has all the lines installed in my area just not sure when they will be flipping the switch!Right now i am leaning towards direct because of the locals in hd the mpeg 4 most of all its only 1 dish. I know it's big but it is still better then the two you have to have now with dishnetwork!

Actually, the dish is not as big as reported (40")
From what I have read and seen, it appears to be about 25 x 29 , although I am waiting for someone that just got installed to post dimensions, so we will all know once and for all.

Jimbo

I am looking foward to see the quality of mpeg4!If they can really open up that 1080i.

sceavis said:
I am looking foward to see the quality of mpeg4!If they can really open up that 1080i.

Keep in mind, the MPEG 4 will only be for locals for awhile, possibly a few new HD channels, probably won't see too much until after all the locals are up and running.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)