Question:

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Question. I posted this also in the tech forum with only 2 replys. I need some help. I have a dish 500 antenna with a dlbnf head only 2 cables out of the antenna into the house. I just aquired a new dual tuner receiver and I also have a second receiver. The 2 recievers I will be using are the 508 and the newer one is a 942. I need to split one of the 2 inputs off to the new dual tuner what are my options. I have a dp34 and that doesn't work. The 942 came with 2 splitters #123254 they don't seem like the right thing either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

As I recently found out, you need a DPP twin LNB. Then I believe the 34 will work, but I think you need a DPP44 switch to use a single cable to the dual tuner. If you are going through Dish to add this stuff, they should supply everything to make it work. I had a problem with a Leqacy Quad LNB. It won't work with a DPP44 switch. Dish supplied the DP Quad LNB for free so I could add a 5th receiver.
Hope this helps!

If you have a DPP Twin you can use 1 line to each dual tuner receiver and then use a DPP Separator to split the lines to the satellite 1 and 2 inputs on the receiver. You can also split lines from a DPP44 switch. Those are the ONLY two ways that you can run 1 line to a dual tuner box.

Thnaks

Thanks for the input Not every one reads the threads in every forum that's why i posed the question here as well. I guess I'm going to have to break down and get the DP lnb. Dish has reman units with a warranty for 39.99

thanks again

Todd

I contacted dish and they are sending me a dp lnb for 39.00 that will fix my problem. I activated the receiver this afternoon with out the HD programming with no problem at all. The tech guy i talked to was great he walked me through the set up and it went just fine. I am still trying to work out the tV 2 output bugs. which works better cable or air output to tv2 I am getting a crappy snowy picture on my second tv. the hook up is the same as i had when my 508 was running that output to that tv. I just had 3 tv's with the same channel. Thus a new dual tuner receiver. Any tips to getting a "clear" picture?

Thanks in advance!

Todd

I contacted dish and they are sending me a dp lnb for 39.00 that will fix my problem. I activated the receiver this afternoon with out the HD programming with no problem at all. The tech guy i talked to was great he walked me through the set up and it went just fine. I am still trying to work out the tV 2 output bugs. which works better cable or air output to tv2 I am getting a crappy snowy picture on my second tv. the hook up is the same as i had when my 508 was running that output to that tv. I just had 3 tv's with the same channel. Thus a new dual tuner receiver. Any tips to getting a "clear" picture?

Thanks in advance!

Todd

Sounds like the cable to that tv may be bad. Try switching with a new cable. I use "air channel 35" for my tv 2's. If you are using the air vs cable, find a channel that is clear 2 stations either side (EG: I use 35 because 33,34 36, 37 are empty in Chicago). If you use air, you must consider OTA channels that may cause interference. My $ would be on the cable or cable connectors, for what it's worth.

Thanks in advance!

Todd

there are a million things that can cause that snowy picture.

-If you used diaplexers to get to tv 2 make sure that those are hooked up correctly.
-if you used an existing line, make sure there are no splitters or anything like that on it
-if you ran a new line, or have a line that is directly from tv2 output to the second tv then I would first try changing the output channel for tv2 (menu>6>1>5)
If you want to test the line I would switch the line you have running to tv 2 to the tv 1 output and see if it comes in clear. If it comes in clear running off of tv1 output then you know the line is good and it's a problem with the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts