Questions about 322 Receiver

DarthZug

Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
I have a couple quesitons about the 322 receiver. All my rooms have only one cable ran to them. How will the 322 hookup? And how will it hookup to the second TV?

You will need 2 cable from the Dish to the receiver then one to the #2 TV. You can use a DP44+ switch to allow only one cable from the Dish and you can also use duplixers for the #2 TV.

DarthZug said:
I have a couple quesitons about the 322 receiver. All my rooms have only one cable ran to them. How will the 322 hookup? And how will it hookup to the second TV?

I have a pair of 322s - one with both connections in the same room and the other with connections at the opposite side of the house. The former is a no brainer - the latter is like what you want. What I did was to disconnect the cable TV connection which went from the outside to a splitter inside and then to each room. The antenna goes to the 322 in one room via a dual cable. You cannot use standard RG-59. For the TV in the room with the 322, you connect Connection 1. Then using the existing RG-59 from the old cable, it runs from the 322 connection 2 to where that splitter was. I then connected the RG-59 which runs to the second room so the old cable is used as a connection between rooms.

JohnP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)