Questions about 522 Receiver

DarthZug

Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
I'm going to be getting Dish Network soon to replace my Digital Cable Service. My house is already wired. I want to get a 522 and use it in Single Mode on my main TV. I only have one cable going to where my main TV is. My quesiton is how do I hook both turners with one cable? Is there some type of splitter I need to get?

You CAN'T use spitters on an incoming signal. You will need to run a 2nd line in or use a DP44+ switch.
But the installers will get it all going for you when they do the install.

The cheap answer is NO. Run a second cable. *My choice*

THe expensive answer is yes.

With a DispPro PLus Twin LNBF($99.00), DishPRo PLus 44 ($199.00) and seperator ($10.00)

I think that covers it. :)

*Edit* Unless you are doing it yourself, then let the installer run the needed connections like thiggin2 said.

I believe I'll have the installer run a second cable to the outlet in the room I want to have the 522. They'll do that right?

DarthZug said:
I believe I'll have the installer run a second cable to the outlet in the room I want to have the 522. They'll do that right?

They'll probably run two new lines to replace the inferior cable.

Mark_AR said:
The cheap answer is NO. Run a second cable. *My choice*

THe expensive answer is yes.

With a DispPro PLus Twin LNBF($99.00), DishPRo PLus 44 ($199.00) and seperator ($10.00)

I think that covers it. :)

*Edit* Unless you are doing it yourself, then let the installer run the needed connections like thiggin2 said.
Maybe you meant to say:
DispPro PLus Twin LNBF($99.00) OR DishPRo PLus 44 ($199.00)
;)

Depends on the installer, they usually don't fish lines through the inside of the house down through walls unless it's a fairly easy job. They will opt for going in through the outside walls. But, your mileage may vary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)