Questions about moving to Genie system from HR24/25 system

And Texasbrit...you're right....whatever the market can bear.....
And you have always been someone that I have admired as to answering questions and offering support, and I appreciate and thank you for that....
But it always amazes me that having been either so stupid, or loyal, to paying them for 10 years, without questioning but only once, that they might now give some consideration in return....
And as you suggest....it's such a simplistic observation...that I guess being an everyday "Joe".....I missed....
But to simply accept without question, is a path that I don't recommend anyone should ever take......
So with that being said, I would like to respectfully thank everyone for their comments and advice....

Thank you....
So if I understand correctly..I could use my HR24/H25 with the Genie HR54 and have 4K capability, or use my HR24/H25 with the HR44 and not have 4K capability on the Genie side, but if I want to make use of my HR24/H25, I should avoid the Genie HS17?
yes...

Well that's the first good news I've received today...I don't even own a 4K TV...
I simply am trying to get my costs reduced...DirecTV offered me a 10% discount (off a $200 month bill) after being with them for over a decade, ands is more than TWICE the amount of my local cable providers ($85 per month) offering and the Costco program is the only way to get my costs down to $110 per month.
But as opposed to my local cable provider, it would be nice to stay with DirecTV even though I will have to now lug the new Genie gear back and forth.
I simply cant believe that DirecTV is being so pig headed to loose a decade plus customer over the $50 -$60 per month reduction I was requesting.
Before you go this route and upgrading everything, have you talked to the Retention/Loyalty dept yet, THEY are the ones that can give you the best discounts, not the typical CSR that you may have talked too.

Most of the reps in Costco do not even work for Costco. They work for a third party like Smart Circle. It does not matter whether you have a contract with Directv. If Directv gets a new customer application from a third party, they will check their records. If you'v been a customer in the past year (I think it's still a year) they will reject the application. If it's from a different person at the same address (wife maybe) they will reject the application unless you can convince them the new application is not from the same family.

Have you called Directv to try to get a discount?
All the REPS at Costco are third party, do not work for Costco.

the only way to get the bill down and keep it down is remove receivers, and lower the package
any reciever is $7 a month. a dvr, receiver or mini.
a genie has @ $23 a mont in total fees (whole home, dvr, hd, ect)

the price the costo rep is quoting you is an introductory price, and will go way up after the fist year

you are also currently using the service in 2 locations, which is really against the terms of service
but they have looked the other way for a long time, until now.

I didn't mention the terms of service issue, but since you brought it up.
Having receivers in more than one location is against the Terms of Service. The OP presumably has them all in the same DMA since there's only one service address and only one set of locals, so there's no real way for ATT to know (unless you tell them, by mentioning it during discussions). But yes, the OP should actually have (and pay for) two separate accounts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts