Questions about new install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mekp21

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Carson City, Nevada
getting service installed on 7/30 and had a couple more questions. Even though I've already signed up over the phone is it too late to call back and use a referal number for the $50? And also, I'm sure it will vary by area but usually how willing are the installers to crawl under the house? Is that the kind of thing that is included in the standard professional install as I don't want some idiot out here drilling holes in the side of my house. Can I call them up and ask if it's going to be one of the local dealers or just a local guy the found on craigslist :)I was also checking on the pending work order on their website and it includes a CashBack_DummyName_30607 line on the invoice. The good thing is at least there aren't gonna charge me for it :D

getting service installed on 7/30 and had a couple more questions. Even though I've already signed up over the phone is it too late to call back and use a referal number for the $50? And also, I'm sure it will vary by area but usually how willing are the installers to crawl under the house? Is that the kind of thing that is included in the standard professional install as I don't want some idiot out here drilling holes in the side of my house. Can I call them up and ask if it's going to be one of the local dealers or just a local guy the found on craigslist :)I was also checking on the pending work order on their website and it includes a CashBack_DummyName_30607 line on the invoice. The good thing is at least there aren't gonna charge me for it :D

Most installers are willing to crawl under a house, provided it's not a safety hazard to them. I had one customer that tried to insist that I crawl under their house to run cable after they had a sewage leak :eek:. I refused and ran the cable around the outside of the house.

If you want to be nice to the installer, maybe you could crawl under your house before hand and remove the spiders webs, dead mice, etc.. that may be under there.

Take a look inyour crawl space.

Any standing water?.....How about a light?..........How about the crap around your TVs? ......... The idiot will need access to the area around your TVs. Move the stuff around your house if you want the cable attached to the building............Find a way to tie up your dog and pick up the sh*t in the yard unless you want some tracked into your house. Call DTV about any promotional issues before the idiot arrives because he won't know anything about them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND...he may be dirty because he just left some other muddy crawl space.

The FREE basic installation is what it is and only idiots do them well or for very long. Expect to pay for additional services.

Joe

If you want to be nice to the installer, maybe you could crawl under your house before hand and remove the spiders webs, dead mice, etc.. that may be under there.

Thats part of the problem. This idiot just doesn't like spiders but I have cleaned the area around the access where most of the spiders live. The idiot part, which might have come out wrong :), was from the lone cable installer I've ever dealt with. I made the mistake of leaving him alone while I was working on something else in the garage and didn't check everything outside before he left. When I finally went around the side of the house later that night I found in 2 of the rooms he just ran the cable on the outside of the house and drilled holes through the wall to install the cable.

I already have the kids cleaning their respective areas out (or they get to go without :eek: )but will have all the furniture out of the way to run the cables. I do believe you get what you pay for when it comes to people so I was planning on paying for anything extra

DTV pays for drilling holes in walls and floors. Thre are correct procedures to keep the holes from leaking. There are ways to guess what might be in walls before drilling. If you want the service the cable has to enter the building somehow. He can use the existing cable and holes.

The installation is FREE and referred to as BASIC.. Nothing is offered to hide wire.

See how it goes.

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)