Questions for Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey guys...

Some good news, Dish Network will be calling me in about 45 minutes to try answering some of the questions which have been raised over the past few days here at SatelliteGuys.

I am not quite sure what to ask them, so send me some questions!

I can't say I will ask them all, and I am sure there are a few questions which I will ask but the reply can be posted publiclly but what should I ask?

Thanks for your help!

Scott

Thanks Scott!

Here's my question:

Are there ANY plans to add additional HD channels over the next six months?

NightRyder

Of course they probably will not know what you are talking about, but be sure to ask them of their plans for MPEG4.

Also is there any other HD receivers in the works after the 942.

Thanks!

HDTV Locals?

I live in a 25 story condo on the SW side of the building, the OTA towers are in the NE. How can I get networks other than CBS? Does E* even have ABC,NBC,UPN,FOX,PBS on a National feed? If not, why?

Want to make it clear that I have Dish Locals; I want HD!

In view of the MPEG4 encoding issues, will the legacy receivers (i.e. 6000) be replaced? And if so at what costs for the subscribers? Will there be a lease option?

Scott I am very impressed by your dedication to us consumers, way to go Scott :D

Is there any way to place an adapter in the line between the LNBF and receiver to convert the compression so our old rcvrs can be used?

Guys more questions please I only have a short time to compile this list.

Some questions like when will Dish Merge with VOOM will not be answered. Remember Dish Network is a publically held company and can not make certain comments about things which have not been talked about by them yet.

I have sent Dish a link to this thread.

Again keep the questions coming.

Thanks!

If they don't plan on adding more HD channels soon, why don't they return to the 2 HD channels per transponder configuration they had before the Olympics?

Do they realize that 3 HD channels per transponder has degraded the PQ of those channels?

NightRyder

And if you burn us on needing Replacement boxes, you can at least give us and appropriate amount of programming (1-2 years of AEP) for the Highend users, and pro rate for anyone that has bought or will buy E*receivers for the last year or so until the change.

Can/will the 921 be upgraded using software or expansion slot to MPEG 4.

If not, then what will our options be, considering most of us are "high revenue" Dish customers.

Also, where is CSTV?

With all the satellite space they are leasing and the Kux and other bands they are licensed for why don't they have room for more HD without going to MPEG4.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)