Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We here at SatelliteGuys.US are honored to have Mark Cuban join us, as we have mentioned Mr. Cuban will be posting here in the HDNet Forum from time to time.

If you have any questions for Mark please post them here to this thread, and while we cannot guarantee you that he will answer them all we can tell you he will indeed see them.

Our thanks go to Mark Cuban for taking the time to share his love for HDTV with all of our SatelliteGuys members!

mark,

you are a burgh guy,, are the steelers going all the way??? just your personal opinion as a steel city born and raised guy.

and , you should have bought the penguins!!

Question for Mark

Mark:

What do you as a content provider see as the biggest challenge in getting service providers (E,D, Cable) to carry HD content?

Thank You!

Mark, I know there has been rumors flying around with HD lite and HD Net on dish network.. If you can disclose this do you specifically have it in your contract for dish to carry hd net and hd net movies at 1920 x 1080 I on its own transponder? IF so that is a great move as all of us want our programming in its native format. :)

Also, is there any plans to launch any new hd channels from HD Net?

Last edited:
Mark,

I would like to know what you think about providers down-rezzing HD content to 1280x1080i resolution, and, what we can do about it.

Thanks,

Scott

Mark,

Are HDnet and HDnet Movies suppssed to be carried unencrypted on cable providers? I had read that it was on other sites and I know some cable companies are not scrambling them and some are (supposedly against the agreement). Being that the internet is full of mis information and of course my cable company will tell me the latter, it would be nice to get info from the source for once.
Thanks and welcome to satguys!

Just a couple questions...

1. What steps are you taking, if any, to correct the wrongs that cable and satellite providers are doing to HD (aka HD-Lite)? I can certainly understand your dilemma with your being a HD enthusiast and businessman.

2. The HDNET channels have been a premium service to date. As HD becomes mainstream, do you plan to complete against new entrants, such as Rainbow Media's VOOM and others, in the mass market? In other words, will HDNET attempt to reach 80+ million subs?

Thank You...

Just another example of how Directv is ruining your channel. The PQ is the worst is has ever been. I didn't realize how badly it looked until I started watching the rose parade. I was switching between ABC network broadcast and HDnet and i couldn't watch it on HDnet. HDnet used to be my first stop when watching tv. Is there anything you can do to convince D* that people want true HD?

Mark,

I was wondering if there is ever any chance that you & Comcast would come to an agreement for carriage? I have read that there has been some "bad blood" between your two companies. Is it to a point that negoiations between the two of you are over for good?

Thanks,

Sparkman (Mark)

Mark, Whatever happened to the HDsports channel that e* was talking about when the added your channels a couple years back?

Mark - will you please buy the Dallas Stars, and broadcast them in HD? :D
Tom in TX

Ilove watching the NHL on HDNet. I was wondering if you had plans to broadcast other pro leagues or expand your college basketball and football coverage.

njjeepguy said:
Mark:
What do you as a content provider see as the biggest challenge in getting service providers (E,D, Cable) to carry HD content?
Thank You!

Bandwidth limitations are usually the biggest issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)