Questions on Hopper 3

I'm not sure why you would be telling her this ....

I listed some of the reasons in the post. Plus, unstable operation. Sometimes I've gone to delete a program and the system substituted another one. And the inability to delete a program, as that button simply vanished. And showing incorrect tiles. And other flakey events.

I listed some of the reasons in the post. Plus, unstable operation. Sometimes I've gone to delete a program and the system substituted another one. And the inability to delete a program, as that button simply vanished. And showing incorrect tiles. And other flakey events.

Time for a Hopper 3

You know you want one.

Hopper 3---The Alpha Dog of All DVRs

Reactions: charlesrshell
At least my EHDs work properly. Not so sure they would after a shift to a H3. And such a shift would do nothing to restore 4x and now gone slow speeds.

I like redundancy. And my little red "recording in progress" light. Ok, I could live without the latter.

And since the CGUI was foisted upon us, with no reasonable expectation that the flaws will be fixed, or even acknowledged as flaws, I'm hardly inclined to renew a contract.

If we could get AHC and the wife beater channels via other means, cheaply, I suspect we would cut to the minimum Dish subscription, and watch what's on the EHDs and be done with them.

And what's the cost of that "second" H3?

Sigh.

Reactions: littlecloud319
At least my EHDs work properly. Not so sure they would after a shift to a H3. And such a shift would do nothing to restore 4x and now gone slow speeds.

I like redundancy. And my little red "recording in progress" light. Ok, I could live without the latter.

And since the CGUI was foisted upon us, with no reasonable expectation that the flaws will be fixed, or even acknowledged as flaws, I'm hardly inclined to renew a contract.

If we could get AHC and the wife beater channels via other means, cheaply, I suspect we would cut to the minimum Dish subscription, and watch what's on the EHDs and be done with them.

And what's the cost of that "second" H3?

Sigh.

Personally, I don't see any reason to have two hopper three in any residence unless it's like the White House or something. 16 tuners is more than almost anybody would ever need unless they just record everything that's broadcast

dish.JPG
As would the remaining 13 million DISH subscribers :hiding
It is easy see the picture

Reactions: HipKat
Personally, I don't see any reason to have two hopper three in any residence unless it's like the White House or something. 16 tuners is more than almost anybody would ever need unless they just record everything that's broadcast
I want a 2nd H3 for the features it has that my 4K Joey doesn't have such as PIP, multi view, redundancy if a H3 fails, additional 2 TB storage that is accessible via Dish Anywhere. Netflix not available on my 4K Joey. I agree I don't need additional tuners, but the additional functionality is very desirable.

I have a HWS . Thinking of buying a Hopper 3 . Is it that much better besides the 16 tuners. Our maybe I should wait till the hopper 4 is released.
Well, what would you be upgrading from? Regardless, it is a great box. AFAIK, Hopper 4 is just an assumption.

To add a 4th wireless Joey, do we have to add another wireless access point on the Hopper 3? I had thought I had read this somewhere before but I couldn't remember. It would be nice if the one access point could run more than 3 if that's the case. We have plenty of tuners lol.

To add a 4th wireless Joey, do we have to add another wireless access point on the Hopper 3? I had thought I had read this somewhere before but I couldn't remember. It would be nice if the one access point could run more than 3 if that's the case. We have plenty of tuners lol.

4th Joey would required another WAP. Limit per, is three.

I can tell you several reasons why I have 2 Hopper 3 receivers and the number of tuners is not at all involved:

1) Redundancy - At some point your Hopper 3 will break and all of your Joeys will not work

2) I have 2 external hard drives plus OTA dongle on my Family Room Hopper 3 and 1 external Hard drive plus OTA dongle on my Living Room Hopper 3. A Hopper 3 only has 3 USB ports so I would have to disconnect one of my external drives.

3) The Living Room Hopper 3 is attached to a slingbox Pro which my son and nephew use a lot. My other son and nephew use Dish Anywhere to also connect.

4) Flexibility- the Family Room Hopper 3 is attached to a RF modulator that sends content to 4 televisions. The Living Room Hopper3 is also attached to a Magnavox DVD recorder that will allow me to burn content to a DVD.

5) Performance versus cost - Although I had to purchase the second Hopper 3, the additional monthly cost versus a Joey 2 is minimal when you compare the better performance.

6) Content organization - I do all my sports on the Living Room Hopper while walking on my treadmill. I watch movies and news from folders on my Family Room Hopper 3. My Bedroom has a Joey 2 which can view content from both Hopper 3 receivers. My Amazon Fire TV and Roku 3 can also view content from both Hopper 3 receivers.

7) Finally, this is a hobby for me since I am retired. Some people gamble or bowl or golf. I play with electronics.

I want a 2nd H3 for the features it has that my 4K Joey doesn't have such as PIP, multi view, redundancy if a H3 fails, additional 2 TB storage that is accessible via Dish Anywhere. Netflix not available on my 4K Joey. I agree I don't need additional tuners, but the additional functionality is very desirable.

That makes sense. That was 4K Joeys have turned out to be a real disappointment in my view. That having Netflix on them is unbelievable

That is a good idea. I will have to suggest that for the Hopper 4. ;) Seriously, can you imagine if Dish could implement PTAT on all 16 tuners? By grouping together popular national channels on the same transponders, Dish could allow you to automatically record the equivalent of the old AT60 package, plus all four major broadcast networks simultaneously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts