Questions on how to understand antennaweb

XorCist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
okay..i need some help figuring out this info from antennaweb (there are more channels listed than what I have here, but I will never watch them, so i can care less about them)
* green - uhf KSEE-DT 24.1 NBC FRESNO CA 34° 26.0 38
* red - vhf KFSN-DT 30.1 ABC FRESNO CA 33° 26.1 9
* red - uhf KGPE-DT 47.1 CBS FRESNO CA 34° 26.2 34
* red - uhf KMPH-DT 26.1 FOX VISALIA CA 87° 51.1 28

so 3 uhf and 1 vhf. I have an indoor antenna now, and I can kinda get all the uhfs decently, but its impossible to get 30.1. From reading various other threads, I see that the channel master 3016 is brought up alot, and I noticed its not very expensive, so im interested in that. Will I be able to get those channels with that antenna? also, how do i add that into my current dish wiring?

thanks alot

okay..i need some help figuring out this info from antennaweb (there are more channels listed than what I have here, but I will never watch them, so i can care less about them)
* green - uhf KSEE-DT 24.1 NBC FRESNO CA 34° 26.0 38
* red - vhf KFSN-DT 30.1 ABC FRESNO CA 33° 26.1 9
* red - uhf KGPE-DT 47.1 CBS FRESNO CA 34° 26.2 34
* red - uhf KMPH-DT 26.1 FOX VISALIA CA 87° 51.1 28

so 3 uhf and 1 vhf. I have an indoor antenna now, and I can kinda get all the uhfs decently, but its impossible to get 30.1. From reading various other threads, I see that the channel master 3016 is brought up alot, and I noticed its not very expensive, so im interested in that. Will I be able to get those channels with that antenna? also, how do i add that into my current dish wiring?

thanks alot

The 3016 should work for you if you mount it outdoors.

The CM 3016 is Channel Masters "Value" line of antenas - they perform satisfactorily, and are average in quality with plastic and other connectors that last several years. The 36XX series or Crossfire Series is a much higher quality product and therefore is not commonly seen at big box stores.

I would expect 5+ years service from the 3016 and 20+ from the 36XX models.

Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances.

The 3016 should work for you if you mount it outdoors.

yea ill mount it outside...my next question is...how do i add it to my current dish wiring so i dont have to run an extra coax line? can i add it close to the dish or do i add it right before it comes inside the house?

You can diplex (not using splitters) the OTA cable into the satellite cable between the switch and the satellite tuner. HOWEVER, this does degrade signal strength on both legs, i.e. you might loose OTA altogether, you might not if you are in a strong signal area.

I NEVER recommend diplexing, I would NEVER diplex. Run a seperate RG-6 line for OTA. JMHO

If you can run a second line do so. But I diplex and I see no differennce in signal strength for either satellite or OTA. But that is not typcal.

ok cool thanks for all the help...now i think i have just one final question...with the 3016, will i have to move it around till i get all the different stations, or will i pretty much be able to pull everything as soon as i get it mounted?

also i found the 3016 online for about $27-$35 /before tax and shipping, is that a good price?

wow..i was just lookin up the specs, and noticed that its 66" wide..thats huge...is there any other good performing outdoor antennas that are in the same price range but not as large?

how does a 3010 stack up against a 3016?

Last edited:
You might get lucky and get every station perfectly on the first try. But if you do I will hate you. Odds are you will have to tweak it a bit.

Last edited:
I NEVER recommend diplexing, I would NEVER diplex. Run a seperate RG-6 line for OTA. JMHO

Nothing wrong with diplexing as long as you are intelligent about it. For various reasons I amplify and double diplex my signal (4 diplexers total) and still have solid reception. And for my efforts I was able to get by without running any new cable. Running new cable is not always practical or desirable - especially if you have to start drilling holes in your exterior walls.

Don't forget that you will not be able to diplex with the H20 and HR20 once the new sats are up, if that matters to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts