Questions on New Dish'n'it up offer / not HD

Vol02

Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
I curently have a 2700 reciever, as you can see I don't upgrade often. But my reciever is acting like it is ready to die.

Anyway I am thingking about upgrading to the 522 DVR my question is:

With the below offer is there a monthly lease fee?

So it be $49 to have a new reciever installed, $5.98 DVR fee/month and a lease fee/ month.

Currently I have the 120 package and a dish 500 but there is only 1 wire run into the house, will this offer include the installer running in the 2nd wire.

I have always installed everthing myself so I've never delt with an installer. I do not have the moner to buy a 522 or 625 right now but I really don't want to Lease, I am weighing my options between this route or switching to DirecTV's DVR package they offer right now. So any info you guys can give me would be great.

Also any problems or advantages you guys have had with leases equip. would help.

Thanks
Chris

[B]Standard Definition Equipment Upgrades: Lease Offers[/B]

Get the latest in DISH Network technology!

As a valued customer, you can upgrade to current technology that will allow you to get the most out of your television viewing experience! You can replace your receivers or you can add DISH Network in another room of your home. Select any of the receiver options below for a low price starting at $49.00 - just like our new customers receive!

1. Replace up to two of your current receivers with a combination of the two receivers below for only $49.00

* Standard Definition Single-Tuner Receiver
* Standard Definition Single-Tuner DVR Receiver*

DISH Network will ship you new receivers and installation instructions, so you can connect them at your convenience.

DISH Network can come to your home and replace up to two of your current receivers OR add DISH Network in another room of your home for only $49.00! The receivers below are eligible for installation:

* Up to two Standard Definition Single-Tuner Receivers

-OR-

* One Standard Definition Dual-Tuner DVR Receiver*

* Limit one "DISH'n It Up" upgrade per year
* 18-month agreement to qualified basic programming required
* Offer not available in Alaska or Puerto Rico.
* Limited Time Offer

Equipment Options:
Standard Definition Dual-Tuner DVR Receiver*:
The DISH Player-DVR 522 has two tuners that support two televisions providing the ability to record two shows simultaneously as well as allow for independent viewing of live satellite TV programming and recorded events when the receiver is connected to two televisions.

* Independently watch and record programming on two TVs
* Convenient On-Screen Caller ID with history2
* Record up to 100 hours of standard definition3
* On-screen Electronic Program Guide (EPG) with easy access to program listings and information for up to 9 days
* Two satellite tuners allow you to select from two viewing options
o Single Mode: Picture-In-Picture (PIP) available on any TV
o Single Mode: Picture-In-Picture (PIP) available on any TV

For more information on DISH Player-DVR 522, click here :: Product Brochure PDF
Standard Definition Single-Tuner DVR Receiver*:
DISH Player-DVR 510 is a DVR capable of recording up 100 hours of programming and gives you the ability to pause live TV, record DISH Network programming, and create instant replays easily.

* Convenient On-Screen Caller ID with history2
* Record up to 100 hours of standard definition3
* On-screen Electronic Program Guide (EPG) with easy access to program listings and information for up to 9 days
* dish home Interactive TV with instant access to breaking news, sports, weather, games and convenient customer service with the push of the button

For more information on DISH Player-DVR 510, click here :: Product Brochure PDF
Standard Definition Single-Tuner Receiver:
The DISH 311 receiver features one tuner for viewing satellite TV programming on one television. In addition, it offers the following features:

* On-screen Electronic Program Guide (EPG) with easy access to program listings and information
* Parental control locks, themes lists, favorites lists, easy search features
* dish home Interactive TV with instant access to breaking news, sports, weather, games and convenient
* Convenient On-Screen Caller ID2

For more information on DISH 311, click here :: Product Brochure PDF

* Monthly DVR service fee of $5.98 applies.

1. Additional authorization/optional off-air antenna may be required before high definition programming and/or off-air digital broadcasts can be viewed; additional fees may apply
2. Requires Caller ID subscription with local phone company. Phone line must be connected to receiver.
3. Recording capacity depends on the type of programming being recorded.

If you decide to stay with Dish, ask for a 625 not 522, its a newer technology. Also people have been telling me and its in the fine print of Dish It up contracts that this has to be connected to landline phone jack or you'll pay 4.99 fee, also a 5.99 dvr fee, and also possibly another 5-6 dollar lease fee. Also this box usually takes 2 cable lines in from dish to where box is going and then one line back out to 2nd room if you are running it as a dual tuner, not just a DVR. But, whatever you watch on tv 1 in live tv whether you're recording or not is what you have to watch or go back into your stored dvr stuff and watch that the same time your recording, you can record one show in live mode, and watch another live show at the same time on same tv, you have to use it as a dual tuner and go into second room and watch in there. Directv's Tivo/DVR is 2 lines into box from dish, HAS to be hooked to phone line at all times, or it will not work, but you can on one tv watch one show and record something else both at the same time. That is the difference between each DVR with Directv and DishNetwork, I hope that helps you!

digitaldogger said:
If you decide to stay with Dish, ask for a 625 not 522, its a newer technology...

except that it is now a dual tuner DVR and you won't necessarily get to choose, you will just get one or the other. There is not difference as far as Dish is concerned now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts