Questions that stumped the CSR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
Spent 40 minutes discussing a new install. Can anyone address issues the CSR could not answer? 1. When will Fox, channel 40 in Sacramento, be available in HD? 2. Are the local broadcasts of the Sacramento Kings available in HD? Comcast cable has it in HD and I know the game is available on both Directv and Dish in at least sd. 3. I was assured that NFL HD was available in the Silver Package. Later he said Bronze. And not very confidently. Also discovered that using the Dish Builder for one HD and one SD set adds an extra $5.00 receiver fee that should not apply. It looks OK until you get to the last screen to place the order. It took 15 minutes for him to recognize the issue and tell me to ignore it (after one of several consultations with someone else).

For one, next time you call, go thru the technical dept., you should get an american! Next, they haven't released dates for all the Local HD's, only a few were just added and I don't recall Sacremento...unless you can receive them in HD OTA via 211/622 receiver. As far as I can see, HDNFL is avail in all the metal packages, the only HD that is not is NATGEOHD, which is on a free preview for all HD customers til 7/7/06. Comcast may have exclusive rights w/ them to broadcast only their games in HD, as for they do here in Atlanta for all the Braves games...which are only also avail OTA from WTBS ch 17, which is the same as TBS but its a local here in ATL. IMO I hate the Dish builder, HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!

Ok. Let's see if I can help you out.

1. There is no word on Fox40 yet. Tribune has not reached retrans consent with either D* or E* at this point. E* execs have said that they are negotiating, but Tribune is ignoring me. The affiliates they own are missing from several cities.

2. The only Kings games that are in HD are the games on channel 10, TNT, or ESPN, and that is only if they are at home. Hopefully next year they will show more of the games and the RSN games will start coming in in HD.

3. Extra $5. Not sure about that. There is an extra extra receiver fee for every receiver after the first. They are probably counting the HD receiver as your primary and the SD receiver as your extra. There is also a DVR fee for the 622. It is waived when you subscribe to platinum.

Scott

Thanks for the info. Comcast Cable shows all Sacramento Kings home games in HD on their own Comcast Sports Net Channel. These games were also on Dish & Directv, but I think Comcast did not sell them the HD signal. I am currently on Comcast. Comcast does not have TNT in HD.

jb1945 said:
Thanks for the info. Comcast Cable shows all Sacramento Kings home games in HD on their own Comcast Sports Net Channel. These games were also on Dish & Directv, but I think Comcast did not sell them the HD signal. I am currently on Comcast. Comcast does not have TNT in HD.

E* carries CSN. I don't know if/when they will be carrying the CSNHD games. CSN and Foxsports share the HD feeds of sporting events with INHD2 on Comcast.

DOn't look for Comcast to add any HD anytime in the near future. They have absolutely zilch for bandwidth.

The only thing I am looking forward to with Comcast is leaving it. I expect to do that in the next two weeks. The current Dish offer sounds too good to pass up. All told, I will get more for less money. A few minor things will be missed, such as the Kings home games in HD. But that can change.

teachsac said:
Ok. Let's see if I can help you out.

1. There is no word on Fox40 yet. Tribune has not reached retrans consent with either D* or E* at this point. E* execs have said that they are negotiating, but Tribune is ignoring me. The affiliates they own are missing from several cities.

Scott

Seattle is in this boat too. I've never gotten responses from Tribune either. The local FOX affiliate has been very courteous but they are dependent on the corporate negotiations. Tribune owns both Fox and WB in Seattle. With WB and UPN merging it has to complicate things further. But there are going to be some REALLY upset people here if this isn't resolved by the start of the NFL season!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)