questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I tried posting this in the Glorystar thread but it may have been off topic, since I got no answer.

I have a Glorystar package to be here tomorrow. And I have an old 10+ foot Winegard dish, button hook (S/N 43945) the lna/b is missing and the cover on the positioner is missing so it has gotten soaked and dirty.

I also have a primestar 75E dish with an LNB (8082) or (981131955). It has H and V connectors.

We live in a motor home so run off a solar charged batteries / inverter or Gas generator. Will ther be a power quality problem and if so what remedies will be needed? BTW there was a Dish setup in the motor home that worked which may indicate the power would no be a problem...

What do I need to get the BUD running at our property -(Recomend an LNB analog and digital?)- with the GS Mercury II receiver and use the Glorystar dish as a portable -- Or can it be done?

Would the Primetar DISH work better as a portable? (I want usable TV, not nec'y perfect)! I realize I would have to manually rotate that dish between birds. Then I woud maybe leave the GS dish mounted and .... have as a spare in case the 10 footer was too small or something -- LOL.

We only have 20 acres for an antenna farm (Well 18 after the Ham antennas all get up!)

Thanks in advance.

you can fix the primestar as a protable i would just add a large set of tripod legs and mount it from there . but it will be cheaper just to pole mount it in a bushel bucket ( $6 from the dollar store and 2 ($3) bags of concrete).

I also have a primestar 75E dish with an LNB (8082) or (981131955). It has H and V connectors.
you can combine these with a diesqc switch or 22k switch.

the feedhorn & lnb might still be good , just depends there really doesn't need to be a cover ( it helps keep the dust ,critters and sun out of the feedhorn) i have several older lnbf's from c-band dishes that are still very usable so don't count it out until you know its bad or high temp rating. as for moving the dish. and its a 10ft + i would say the 24 in heavy duty moteck (its the one i'm getting next) and if you don't have a analog receiver to move the dish the v-box ( along with your dvb receiver) does a great job.

i know your planning on running this with the GS receiver ( and it should run it ). and thats ok but i bet you will quickly realize that a second receiver will be needed. one so everyone can watch the GS programming and one for you to play with the other dishes :)
enjoy

Thanks Gabsphere,
Concrete would be more weight than I want to add to the motorhome to travel but a tripod makes sense. The primestar dish looks solid and the feedarm comes off easily to make it compact. The GS dish sounds damagable. Not good to travel. When I get the package tomorrow, I will set it up as directed, before I try experimenting. Not going long haul for about two months anyway.
The BUD was taken apart at least 9 years ago and the LNB has disappeared, but I might find it somewhere. I had a burglary last November that wiped out most of my electronics that I had set up so I am trying to rebuild. As long as I can get TBN my wife will be happy (actually Joyce Myers and Kenneth Copeland). I want to be able to get a little news, too. But I am an OLD electronic tech-no-nut. My first computer had 64 - 6881 tubes, yep 64 bit computer! --- oh well, I am trying to catch up with tecknowlogy (sp). Thanks again. Will try to keep you posted. (also looking for better internet- cell phone dial-up is slow!) GOD IS GREAT and that is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)