Quick C-band Help!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
:confused: I went to the hardware store today to get my pipe to set my black mesh c-band 10 footer on and the pole seemed to look a touch to big when I was about to pour the cement, I asked for a 3.5" 10ft metal pole, however, 1, this dish isn't here yet, I am meerly getting the pole first to cement it in the ground, then getting the dish...and 2, the pole the guy gave me is exactly 4" in straight across not 3.5" inches, I have other poles that measure exactly what they are supposed to be (example a 1 5/8" pole is exactly 1 5/8") but this one that is supposed to be 3.5" is 4" instead...so I am taking it that the guy gave me the wrong pole? Or is this the right one and will it work instead before I go and cement this in the ground? Or does it have to be 3.5" straight across exaclty?

If your polar mount (or az/el mount) for your dish is a standard mount, you will need a 31/2" outside diameter pipe. A 4" pipe will not fit.

Some pipe is measured in ID. (Inside diameter) Looks like that's is what you have!

When I took down the 12' C-Band dish another member of the site was kind enough to give to me, the pipe in the ground was 3.5" outer diameter and if I recall correctly, about 3.25 inner diameter and I suspect most large dishes use the same size pole so I think your pole is too thick. I am assuming this as I don't know the make and model of your dish. Paraclipse dishes seem to use 3.5" outer diameter pipe. Good luck!

Thanks :hatsoff: :hatsoff: -- I think I might have been given the wrong item when the guy brought it out to the car! I should've been smart enough to know to check it...:eureka

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)